Friday, April 15, 2011

DOCTORS, DOCTORS AND MORE DOCTORS

Yesterday was a doctor day.  I got to see not one, but two doctors.  Lucky me.

I went to see my family doctor, Dr. Skobinsky, in the morning.  He wanted to see me a week after I cut down on my high blood pressure medication to see how I was doing.  While I was there I got my blood taken for a cholesterol test.  Before the surgery my cholesterol was high.  I couldn't start any medication or change my eating habits until after the surgery and in meals I was back where I should be.  So that is about now.  My pressure in his office was 120/70.  He told me that since I lost so much weight I probably did not need the extra lisinopril and to keep it at the cut down status. 

Then in the afternoon I saw the gastroenterologist, Dr. Resnick.  He was following up on that awful stomach virus I had.  All of my tests came back perfect.  I do not have any bacterial infection, parasites, salmonella or anything like that.  So it was just a virus that would not let go.  He also checked my blood pressure and it was 97/73.  Both doctors said my pressure would go up and down for about 6 weeks until my body got used to the new dosage of lisinopril.

I went to work 4 hours late.  It was tough and I was very tired.  I slept well last night until about 3 a.m. when I woke up with a massive headache that would not go away.   It was so bad I was even dreaming that I had a headache.  Two Tylenol and two hours  later it was still there.  I finally got back to sleep around 6 a.m. and got up for work at 7 a.m.  I'm glad I'm at the Fishtown Branch today and it's an easy day.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Winter CSA.  I forget the theme -- something about Spring being here at last.  I'll let you know tomorrow and show you what we got.  I know I am getting lettuce which is a good thing since something ate all my lettuce plants.  They were big and doing so well too.  I didn't even get to taste it.  I'm going to try to dig them up and plant them in something high and see if I can save some of them.

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that you have a RABBIT in your neighborhood with a full stomach! Maybe it will still grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It sounds loike the Easter Bunny made an early stop at your house and got hungry. Glad that you are better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.