Friday, December 22, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 18 - THIS AND THAT AND SANTA CLAUS TOO



Hello and welcome to Blogmas Day 18.  The countdown is really on.

Yesterday I drove Joe to Pennsylvania Hospital for his doctor's appointment.  We left two hours early so that I could get back to my appointment.  We thought by getting him there an hour early I would have plenty of time to get back for my appointment.  Not so.  We sat in traffic for over an hour.  I had to call and cancel my appointment.  I can't get another one for two weeks.  So much for that.

Joe had a really nice doctor who diagnosed him with having bursitis and gave him a cortisone shot in his hip.  He was told it would take up to a week to work, but already he is having some relief.  Joe's complaining that it hurt to get the needle and now the injection site is a little sore.  Well no wonder.  I was in the room when the doctor gave him the shot and that needle was HUGE!

On our way out we stopped in the gift shop.  I got something I have never seen before.  It is a sachet that smells exactly like an evergreen tree.  I mean really!  I kept smelling the scent in the store and trying to find it.  Finally I did.  It was only $2 for the sachet so I got it.  It is in the living room right now and boy does it smell good!

We were both hungry so we headed for home and ended up at East Coast Wings & Grill.  Yes, I know I was just there two days before but Joe wasn't.  This time I got my five wings with Honey & Garlic Sauce.  I liked this even better than the one I got on Tuesday.  I got fries this time instead of the tortilla chips.  They were sort of dry before and were so salty I was thirsty the rest of the afternoon.  

On the way home we saw... Santa!  I had read that Santa and his sleigh were going to be at the PJP  shopping center, but I had forgotten.  So I pulled into the parking lot and got a few pictures.




I have never seen such a large sleigh.  It was about two storeys tall.  And Santa was so boisterous!  He was waving at everyone, swinging his arms and legs around and bouncing in his seat.  I thought he was going to fall off!

Speaking of Santa, look at the cute spoon rest I found out in Lancaster.  It's so cute.


Joe bought a couple of Marine Corps nutcracker ornaments.  I have them standing on the kitchen windowsill.  So cute!


I also wanted to show you the necklace I was wearing.  Joe bought me this pretty snowflake.  It's silver with diamond accents.  I have matching snowflake earrings as well.  So pretty!


It is getting late so I am going to end.  I am really tired from all the running around we did today.  I will tell you about that tomorrow.  Have a good night everyone.  Christmas is coming!

Kathy




5 comments:

  1. I really like the nutcrackers. Necklace & spoon rest are pretty.Russ had a cortisone shot in his shoulder & he'd agree---it hurts!! Glad that it is helping Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should us such beautiful things today! the nutcrackers are very special and that necklace is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new snowflake jewelry is gorgeous! Give that sweet hubby an extra hug for being so sweet! LOVE that you saw Santa and his sleigh! Hope he's left by now to pick up the pressies! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace!! So sorry you had to cancel your appointment. So happy that Joe is already feeling better after that shot....I'm not crazy about needles and that one certainly sounded painful!
    God bless you both this day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those shots not too long ago, and I agree --- they HURT! Mine didn't really help all that much. So glad that Joe's is helping. I love the Nutcrackers. Your necklace is beautiful. I love silver. Slow down a bit and have a super evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.