Tuesday, November 27, 2012

IT'S COLD AND RAINY...CAN WINTER BE FAR BEHIND?

What a miserable day weather-wise.  So cloudy, cold and rainy.  Last night I stopped at the supermarket on the way home from work and I'm so glad I did.  This is not a night I'd want to be doing that.

Bible study was empty today.  A lot of people didn't show up.  In fact, only Dottie showed up.  I had gotten up early to bake a pumpkin dump cake for our snack.  We all got to have seconds.  Well, all that is except for Joe.  Being diabetic he got only a sliver.

It was a good study though.  The topic was James 3:13-18 on being a peacemaker.  Boy, can't we all learn from that lesson.  Sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut and walk away from a situation.  Last week we were talking about the tongue and how it can get us into trouble.  It all sort of tied in.  Joe is a good study leader and even though there were just three of us, he taught as if he had a whole church full.

My friend Debbie wasn't able to make it today, but on the way into work I stopped at her house and dropped off a couple of pieces of dump cake for her and her husband.  Hope they like it.  It's like eating a pumpkin pie in cake form.  So very good.

I went to Rite Aid at dinner.  I love driving around the neighborhoods and looking at all the Christmas lights and decorations.  When I was a little girl I called them "Happy Birthday, Jesus" lights.  I still feel that way.  After seeing all the decorations at the store and the lights on the houses I started feeling Christmasy.  Is that a word?  Well, you know what I mean.

And if you know me, you know I had to get something at Rite Aid.  I got a red cross with holly that says "Peace."  It's so different and pretty,  I put it on the inside of the front door.

  
The outside of the door has my jingle bell wreath.
  
And my front window went from looking like this:


To looking like this:
  
I had an angel that I have put in the front window for the last 8 years or so.  I hung it up, plugged it in, and it wouldn't light.  **Sigh**  Last year Joe bought four of these window lights for me to use.  I put two of them in the kitchen, but had never used this candy cane.  So I put that in the front window and I think it looks really good!

So it's coming along.  Still so much to do, but it's getting there.

It is cold in this house.  I think I will turn on my space heater fire stove and get a few more things done before I go to bed.  Thanks for visiting.   

3 comments:

  1. Russ & I thank you for the cake.You were right,it's like eating pumpkin pie as a cake with a great crumb topping! We usually only have dessert on Sundays,so you made last night special. Thank you!
    LOVE the red cross!It looks great on the door & window is really bright. Christmasy is now a word. I believe once a word is used,it's in 'circulation',correct
    Ms Librarian? Ha ha!. Anyway, how did other words get into the dictionary? By being used!
    Merry Christmasy spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, winter is here, temperature wise. I'm chilled, too!

    I love looking at the Christmas lights, also. Everyone has their own way of decorating.
    Do people in your area add music, thousands of lights and displays? We always try and find the most outrageous house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, yes they do. I'll have to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.