Sunday, November 11, 2012

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE THANKSGIVING

How fast does time fly?  Can you believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving?  And then the Christmas season will really be upon us.  Everything is moving so fast!

I am so very tired today.  I dropped Joe off at church and went home to get ready to go but fell asleep and slept for two hours.  I don't know why I'm so out of it.  My allergies have been bothering me and maybe that is it.  But I could go back to sleep right now and it's only 7 p.m.

The only thing I have done today is get all my ingredients together and put the crockpot on.  The smell of pork, apples and squash drifting through the house is so good.  It will be ready in about a half-hour and I am so hungry.  Can't wait to dig into this meal.

I thought I would show you how I have decorated the house for Thanksgiving.  Some of the pictures did not turn out so good, so I will show you that later.

Here's the pretty glass pumpkin and pumpkin scented candle I bought at Rite Aid.  The shade on the candle lamp says "Give Thanks".  I have it sitting on top of my little stove in the living room and it looks so cute!

I just got these cute little figures at Rite Aid last week.  I love looking for stuff in their 50% to 70% off aisle.  Originally they were $7 and I got them for $2.  The pumpkins they are standing with I've had for a long time.

Here's the wreath on my front door.  Another oldie but goody.  It looks to me like a field that has been harvested.  Sort of dried and brown and getting ready for a long winter's sleep.
I love, love, love my stuffed turkey.  I bought it about 10 years ago at a store that doesn't exist any more called "Odd Job".  One of my co-workers went there at lunch and got one and the next thing you know a bunch of us had all gone on our lunch and got them.  I think we must have cleaned the store out.  There were turkeys on everyone's desk.  He is so soft and cuddly.  Everyone loves to pick him up and hug him.  The stuffed pumpkin I got at a craft show a long time ago too.  And the candle is the one I made at the party last week.


I changed out the flowers in my flowerpot by the front door.  Nice autumn mums and a few other flowers that I'm not sure what they are.  So bright and autumn looking.  I did it in the dark and am so glad it turned out looking so good.
I just saw that this is my 600th post!  I had no idea I had written (or ever could write) that much.  Wow!  Thanks to everyone who has been with me through this time and gone with me on my "trip through life."
 
 Well that's it for now.  My dinner is almost ready and I am ready to eat it.  Until later, folks.

2 comments:

  1. This new time change is kicking my butt Kathy. I told hubby last night it felt like midnight and it was only 6 pm. Maybe it's getting to you too!

    Crockpot cooking in the Fall and winter is the best. I use mine at least twice a week. Your meal sounds yummy, hope you enjoyed.

    Love your little decor. Rite Aid has some of the best deals sometimes. I got some off season summer stuff for Ax (dumptrucks, floats, etc.) for near nothing. I was super happy :)

    Have a good one friend or at least try. It's Monday, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've GOT to come hug that turkey!
    He looks sooo squishy.I agree it's great shopping in Rite Aid dis
    -count! I bought the cutest turtle for our garden...and I'm not a turtle fan!Just too cute!
    Thanks for mentioning the time change,Angie. I think I got a bit of that.By early evening I'm out of gas (& wondering where the day went ha ha!)
    Have a grrrreat day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.