Friday, November 30, 2012


Good morning, everyone!  I will give you my Friday view later today (it's a good one), but just a quick post about how my day went yesterday.

I started out going to the Cancer Center to see Dr. Bryansmith and get my Zometa infusion.  After you've been there awhile, like I have, you get to know all the techs, nurses, doctors, even the staff people.  They become almost like extended family.  And since I now go only every 6 months it is nice to see them and catch up with them.  I think you have to be a very special person to work with cancer patients. 

Very good news from the doctor.  All my blood counts are good.  No sign of anemia, no sign of cancer and less than a 0.5% chance the cancer will ever come back because of the type it was, it was caught so early and was treated so agressively.  Yeah!  Woo hoo!!  He thinks a lot of the symptoms I've been having are because I am not getting enough sleep and am under a lot of stress.  So I am definitely going to work on that.  But he also suggested I get an upper GI to make sure all is well with the stomach surgery.  It was two years ago yesterday that I had the surgery that I didn't think I would live through.  When I started this blog I was literally dying.  What a difference time makes.  God has really blessed my life.
While I was getting my infusion I met two very nice ladies and we had a great conversation going on.  One was named Terry and the other Jeannie.  So nice and makes the time go really fast to have someone to talk to.

Afterwards I went over to Radiology to get my shoulder and neck x-rayed.  The tech was fantastic.  I get such good care at that place.  She said to call my doctor on Monday or Tuesday for the results.  I have a feeling it is arthritis and I'm going to have to live with it.

The Zometa usually makes me feel sick.  So the nurse gave me an anti-nausea pill and I felt great.  That is until I got home and ate lunch.  Then I wanted to puke.  I was going to go into work, but I felt so bad that I called out  sick.   I laid down and slept the whole afternoon.  Literally.  When I laid down it was bright sunshine and when I woke up the house was dark because the sun had already set.  But I felt SO much better. 

I had a good sleep last night too and am feeling better today so maybe not getting enough sleep does have something to do with it.  There's just so much to do all the time that I stay up way late to try to get things done.  I've got to stop it and just realize I need to take care of me first.  If I don't get all my Christmas decorations up, it's not the end of the world.

Today I have a cough and the beginnings of a sore throat.  'Tis the season for getting sick.  I'm going to try to nip this in the bud so that this is as far as it goes.  But I'm back at work, so that's a good thing.

Thanks for reading and check in later tonight to see my Friday view for this week.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord Kathy!! That is such wonderful news. Now keep resting and get yourself well. We all have the "cold" thing going on and it's been no fun. I'm hoping it passes soon.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.