Tuesday, April 5, 2011

STILL REALLY SICK

My poor digestive system.  I am really sick.  It has been over a week now.  It reminds me of how it was before my surgery.  I do NOT want to go back to that time of my life.

I stayed home from work again today.  I do not have any sick time left so I will not get paid for today.  I don't even care.  I went to the doctor this morning and found a note on the door that said the doctor was not in because he was a witness at a trial but would be in tomorrow.  The staff was there though.  So I went in and spoke with my friend, Jean, who is the office manager.  She offered to refill all my prescriptions, but I said they hadn't been helping.  She then suggested I call the surgeon because then at least I would be speaking with a doctor today.  So that is what I did.

I had to leave a message for Dr. Chojnacki because she was in surgery today.  Her resident called me back.  I explained what was going on.  She said that it did not sound like something connected with the surgery, but there was always a chance and she would have Dr. C get back to me.  Dr. C called me around 5 p.m.  She also said it did not sound like it was surgery related because of the length of time, I had been eating solid food with no problem, and it started with diarrhea.  She said it sounded like a severe stomach virus.  However, I did the right thing to call her.  She suggested I go to see Dr. Skobinsky tomorrow morning and ask him for a C. diff blood test to see if I had picked up a bacterial infection in the hospital which had been lying dormant until now.   She also wants me to get some x-rays to see what was going on and if I am still sick by the end of the week she wants to see me next Tuesday when she is in the office.  So looks like I may not get to work tomorrow either.  I am definitely still running to the bathroom every half-hour or so.  This is not fun.  I hope I can get some relief tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..I feel so bad for you. I will pray for you for your recovery from this nasty virus! Hope you're feeling better soon. I know the feeling of being sick and just wondering if you will ever feel better again! It's exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thoght of C-Diff. I will pray very hard that you do not have it. Remember when I did. I was in Nazereth Hospital for a week in isolation. It is highly contagis and can kill you. It is nothing to play with.Please get tested asap. I'm surprised your sergon didn't make you go imediantly to the emergancy ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I will keep you in prayer & hope you feel better soon.
    The potato video was sooo cool! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bonnie -- Yeah, I wonder if I'll ever be well again too. But I'm a little better today. @Marion -- she said C. diff was a long shot because it should have showed up long before this but she is being cautious. I don't remember you having it. I will have to give you a call and talk to you. @Deb -- thanks for your prayers and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.