Saturday, May 25, 2024



Hello, friends!  Hope you are all doing well.  It is so hot here in Philly.  Wish I were down the shore where it is 20 degrees cooler.

Joe and I were in Cape May Court House and in Wildwood Crest last weekend.  We had been planning on this trip for several weeks to celebrate Joe's birthday, but with all the things going on here, it was a good idea to get away for a while.

We headed down in the morning because we wanted to go to the flea market at Cape Community Church.  I had some books and book covers to sell.  We set up and waited.  And waited.  It was drizzling, but nothing bad.  There were almost no venders and certainly no customers.  It was bad.  I didn't sell one thing.

When it started pouring and everyone was packing up, we left too.  I had gotten us a room at the Bel Air in Wildwood Crest.  Even though it was early, we headed over there hoping we could get into our room.

I really wasn't trying to get a shot of Joe here.  I was trying to get the cool waves sculpture you can just see out the window.  Too bad I couldn't get a better shot because it was wonderful.

We were able to get into the room early.  When the lady at the front desk told us the room was on the second floor, I asked where the elevator was.  No elevator, but a flight of 15 steps and then down a walkway.  That was really tough!

The room was beautiful.  More like a little apartment with a living room, closet/coffee area, bedroom and bathroom.  I loved the Tiffany light in the living room part.

I had been feeling sick all day, so the first thing I did was lay down and went right to sleep for a couple of hours.  When I woke up I was still in pain and had a headache.  Joe came in the room and we debated what to do about dinner.  Because of the steps I felt like a prisoner in this beautiful apartment.  Finally, I agreed to go out with him.  We got ready and headed for the Vegas Diner.  

But first we stopped at CVS.  Joe had forgotten to pack a few things.  Like his toothbrush and toothpaste.  I asked him to get me some aspirin.  When he got back into the car, I took one.  By the time we got to the diner I was feeling a bit better.

We were able to get the Early Bird Specials.  Joe had a salad, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.  I had chicken orzo soup, grilled salmon, mashed potatoes and a butternut squash with pineapple.  Everything was so good.  Joe got rice pudding for dessert but I was too full and got bread pudding to go.

Going back to the hotel we stopped at Wawa to get some donuts for breakfast.  That way we didn't have to go out for breakfast in the morning before church.  He also got a plastic spoon to eat the bread pudding.

I really couldn't eat any of the desserts they had because they all had milk in them.  But I wanted to get something.  I knew Joe loved bread pudding so I gave it to him.  He said it was good.

I found the Phillies game on TV, and we started watching it.  It was a good game.  Toward the end nothing was happening so Joe decided to go brush his teeth, etc. to get ready for bed.  Of course, that is when we got a home run and won the game.  I was yelling for him, but he couldn't get there in time.  Fortunately, they showed it again on the news and he got to see it.

I slept good that night.  In the morning, I went into the living room and opened the curtains a bit so that I could see the ocean.

We got ready and went to church.  It was so good seeing everyone again.  And the message was really good.

Afterwards Mike and Elaine asked if we wanted to go to lunch with them at South 9.  We like that place, so we said yes.  It turned out that Pastor Brad and Vikki went too.  The guys sat at one end of the table and the girls at the other and we had two different conversations going on.  I got the crab cake sandwich and it was wonderful!  I could eat it every day.  Joe got a burger and fries which he liked a lot.

After that we headed home.  We would love to live down there and go to church there every week, but it is so expensive to live at the shore.

We stopped at Farley Plaza on the way home to use the restroom.  And to switch drivers.  It's the halfway point home.  Joe had driven that far, so I took over and drove the rest of the way home.  As I was pulling out of the parking space, I saw the Tesla charging station.  This is what our future is going to look like.

We got home safely and took a lot of time petting George and playing with him.  We had two of our friends taking care of him so he was ok.  Just lonely.

It was a good thing to get away.  I'm not crying anymore.  Well, once in a while, but not like I was.

I'm going to go get something to eat and take my medicine so I will see you all later.  Have a wonderful evening.



  1. Hi Kathy. Looks like a nice weekend trip. Looks like you had some interesting books to sell - too bad there were no customers. I just watched your video about the weekend. So glad you could go and have a nice time. Have a happy Sunday. See you again soon!

  2. Sometimes, just a small getaway can relieve so much stress, Kathy. So glad that Joe and you had a great time!

  3. I'm glad you had a good time together at the coast with Joe. I am going to drive to a hospital early morning to get Megan's
    osteomye bag removed. I am in and out of sleeping. Up in 3 hours. It rained 🌧 today so we didn't have water outdoor plants. Have good day and beyond!!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.