Tuesday, May 7, 2024

IT'S GOING TO GET BETTER


 Hello, friends.  Thank you so, so much for all of your kind words and for standing by me during this time.  This is one of the hardest seasons of my life and I so appreciate all of you.  Without you I don't know how I would get through it.

Debbie's sister-in-law and niece asked me to go with them to the funeral home on Friday to help them with the arrangements.  I went and picked them up since I know the area and they don't.  They live 2 hours from here.

The funeral director was so kind.  Debbie and I had been there for her husband's funeral six months ago.  He remembered me, of course.  We talked through a lot of things.  I have known Debbie since we were 15 years old, so I knew things like her parents' names, etc. that her sister-in-law had no clue about.

The celebration of life is this Saturday, and the interment is on Tuesday.  It is hard.  Very hard.  Debbie was like my sister.

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to my big boy Jack.  I went with Joe to the veterinarian, but I couldn't go in.  I just sat in the car and cried and cried.  I wanted to be there when Jack breathed his last, but I couldn't.  He was my baby.  Even though I have George, the house seems so empty without Jack.


But he was suffering with kidney failure, and I just couldn't do that to him.  He used to purr all day, but he had even stopped purring.  I knew how sick he was then.

We are still decluttering the house.  I am amazed and appalled by how much junk we have.  My friend's son is helping us, and I am so thankful for younger hands and energy to help us.  So much is going out.

I really wasn't hungry for dinner last night, but Joe insisted I eat something.  He bought me a sandwich which I ate, but then felt sick.  Feeling better this morning.  I think I shouldn't have eaten while I was upset.

He also bought me flowers.  He got me white and yellow daisies not knowing they were Debbie's favorite and were in her wedding bouquet.  They are also going to be her funeral flowers.  He felt bad when I told him, but I said they were a tribute to her, and it was so sweet.

I am going to go now.  I have to get ready because Bible Study is this morning.  I will talk to you later.  Again, thank you so much for being there for me.

Kathy






4 comments:

  1. Kathy, your being such a help with Debbie's sister-in-law & niece is a godsend to them, even though you too are grieving the loss of your dear, dear friend. Much hugs!! Dawn P. Albany, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for peace and comfort each day. God is with you.
    You are such a blessing.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. This is a really hard time for you. I am praying for you to have strength, comfort and healing from God.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.