Wednesday, May 22, 2024

JOE'S BIRTHDAY

 



Hello, friends!   Yesterday was Joe's birthday.  Yes, the years roll on and we get older and hopefully wiser.  We didn't really do all that much to celebrate.

For lunch, Carole came over and the three of us went to Cracker Barrel.  That seems to be a recurring theme of Joe's birthdays.  He really likes it there.  Plus we had a gift card so lunch was free for all three of us!  I had eaten breakfast but Joe and Carole hadn't so they got Gramma's Sampler.  It was eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, and pancakes.  They really liked it and ate it all.  I had lunch.  It was a slice of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and rolls.  Everything was really good.

I realized later that I never took one still picture while we were there.  In fact, no movie either.  We were just enjoying ourselves so much.

We were still kind of full around dinner time, so I ended up ordering Joe's favorite meal (pizza) from Dominos.  Last time they took 45 minutes to get our food to us.  I was watching the bar they have to tell you how far along your order is.  It was there for 20 minutes before they even began preparing it.  So I reported them to Dominos.  This time it was here in less than 25 minutes.  I'm not a big pizza fan, so I got the chicken wings which were really good.  I offered some chicken to George, and he turned his nose up at it.  He really doesn't like table food and I'm so glad because he doesn't beg at the table the way Jack did.

We bought brownies for dessert and because I didn't have a cake for Joe, I stuck a candle in a brownie and lit it for him.  Brownies are as good as cakes, aren't they?

Although I didn't take any pictures, I did make a very short YouTube video of the day.  I'm going to link it here.


And now it is the next day and there is tons to do around here.  Hope to be back soon.

Kathy



1 comment:

  1. It sure looks like Joe had a marvelous birthday, and it was so much fun to "meet" you on the video you included here, Kathy. And yes, no matter what we eat for our birthday cake, as long as we like it, that's absolutely fine.
    Happy Birthday, Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.