Thursday, May 16, 2024

THE FUNERAL AND BURIAL ARE OVER. NOW ON WITH LIFE.


 


Hello, friends!  Welcome to Thursday.  This will have to be short since I have to get ready to take Joe to the VA Hospital for his doctor's appointment.  This doctor sees him once a year so we don't want to miss it.

But I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words on Debbie's passing and Jack's death.  It has been hard, but I am definitely on the upswing.  I think the fact that it is all over helps.  Plus, I totally lost it at the Celebration of Life, leaned on Joe and cried and cried and cried.  But after I got it out, I felt better.

At the cemetery on Tuesday Debbie's sister-in-law said that the nurse that was with Debbie when she died said that Debbie opened her eyes, said, "My Lord!  My Lord!  It's Jesus!  And Rusty (her husband who died 6 months ago) is with him!"  Then she laid back, closed her eyes, and breathed her last.  That is so comforting.  The saints die differently than others I think.

In any case, life goes on for us.  The big clean out the house continues.  We had planned this for over six months.  The guy helping us just got time to do this and we are so grateful.

This Monday is Joe's birthday.  I have a gift coming from Amazon for him on Friday.  I'm not going to say what in case he reads this, but it is nice and I will show it to you when it comes.  Joe and I can never wait for our gifts.  We are like little kids.  When the gift comes, we have to give it to each other.

And now I really have to run.  I have 15 minutes to get ready before I have to get Joe up.  See you all later.

Kathy


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I am glad that you are feeling better after a really rough time. It's nice you are getting your house cleared out. It's always good to get rid of things we don't really need any more. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a touching story from Debbie's nurse who was with her when she passed! My grandfather who died when my father was only seven, is said to have spoken something similar as his cancer battle was over: "I am going to see my Jesus." Wow! I pray everyone will transition in that peaceful way.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.