Saturday, May 27, 2023

JOE'S BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WILDWOOD PART 3 (SUNDAY)

 Hello, friends.  I am back with day three of our Wildwood vacation.  Hope you are enjoying it.  I broke it up so that it wouldn't be overload for you.  Today I will tell you about Sunday.

As usual, I woke up early.  I did my devotions, took my medicine and watched YouTube before hopping in the shower and getting ready for church.  I had brought a pretty summer dress to wear.  But it was so cold that I opted for a pair of black pants and a black and white striped top instead.  In fact, it was so cold that I wore a sweater almost the entire time I was down there.  Boy did I get that forecast wrong.  I ate some chips in order to have something in my stomach to take my medicine.  We were going to go out to breakfast, but we didn't have time.  Poor Joe went with nothing.

We got to church a little late, and I opted to sit in the back.  Well, I sit in the back every week at my own church, so this was no different.  The only thing we missed was the welcome and call to worship.  They were still singing when we walked in.

It was a wonderful service.  Pastor Brad is a very good speaker.  Afterwards the ladies I met on Saturday all saw us, waved and came over to give me a hug.  So sweet!  Plus we met more people.  This is the friendliest church I have ever been to.

Joe got a cup of coffee and I went to the Ladies' Room before we headed out to get something to eat.  Pastor Brad had recommended a bar and grill just about a half of a mile from the church that had good food so that's where we went.  It was called South 9 (it was on Route 9 South).

We were able to get seated right away.  The service was really quick too.  Joe got a diet soda and I got water.  I drank water the entire time I was down there except for two cups of decaf tea in the mornings.  I thought the glasses they served us the beverages in were so cute.  One side said "New Jersey Proud".


The other side said, "Cape May".  The church we went to is in Cape May Courthouse, NJ.


They had an old Harley-Davidson motorcycle on the bar.  I had to get a picture of that.



I filmed the food we had for my YouTube channel, but forgot to take pictures for my blog.  I had a hamburger and homemade potato chips.  Joe had a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings.  They were very good.

We went back to the hotel and Joe took a little nap before we went out to meet a friend of his on the boardwalk.  We actually met up with her daughter and son-in-law before we met his friend Alice.  They were so nice and friendly.  The people at Cape Community Church had loaned us a wheelchair to make me getting around on the boardwalk easier.  And it did let me get more places.






We never did get onto the beach or near the water.  There was a lot of construction going on.




I think this is a good picture of Joe, even if he is squinting.




This seagull seemed to pose for me.  As soon as I took this picture, his buddy joined him.  I love both of these shots.




Joe and Alice grew up together on the same block.  They have been friends for about 60 years but haven't seen each other for about 40 years.  Her daughter had to leave, but Alice sat and talked with us for hours.  We ended up going to a pizza place that she liked (Sam's Pizza) which was on the boardwalk.  I ordered a lemonade which was the only thing on the menu that I could drink.  They both got pizza, but I'm allergic to dairy so couldn't have it because of the cheese.  I did steal a lot of the pepperoni off of Joe's slices though.  Finally, the place was closing up so we had to leave.

We walked down the boardwalk and Alice left to get her car and go home.  We had another block to get to our car.  But... we couldn't remember which street we had parked on and ended up walking up and down and up and down.  Nothing looked familiar.

We had promised fudge and saltwater taffy to the ladies taking care of Jack the Cat.  (Boy was he ever spoiled when we got back!)  We saw a fudge shop, Fudge Island, and Joe "parked" me on the boardwalk and went inside to buy some things to take home.  I told him to get me some peanut butter fudge if it wasn't too expensive.  (Everything is expensive down the shore.)

He came out with a big bag which I carried for him.  I ate a piece of the fudge he got me and it is the best fudge I have ever eaten.  Even Joe who doesn't like peanut butter fudge loved it.  It is so creamy.  

But where was the car?  Finally I got the idea to pull out the parking tag they gave us and see if it had an address on it.  Sure enough, it did.  So we headed down to the street level and found the lot.

We were tired when we got back to the hotel.  But to make up for everything, there was another Phillies/Cubs game on and we won that game.  It wasn't long before we went to bed.  We were tired!  And going home the next day.

So...  I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about our last day at the shore.  See you then.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Great photos! I think the seagulls were posing for you.It's a bit
    sad you didn't get near the water but you certainly did find neat
    places to eat! The Harley- Davidson is cool.Nice to run into friends
    & sounds like you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! The people at the Cape May church sound so nice and welcoming. Thanks for letting us follow along with you and Joe. I also watched your Youtube yesterday. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe must have loved his birthday trip. Meeting a friend after 40 years would be a blessing. Good food, good company, and good weather! Happy Belated Birthday to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good day at the coast even though you couldn't get to the beach. Celebrating Joe's birthday is fun, especially since it's your husband. I'm feeling somewhat better, thankfully. Thanks for your comment on my blog. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had a nice vacation! How nice that you were able to use the wheelchair to get around on the boardwalk. I love sitting on the sand but just being there to see/hear the water and the sea gulls would do it for me too. It's my favorite vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I just finished reading this post and the two previous ones about the birthday trip to Wildwood for Joe's 🎂birthday and belated wishes 🎉 to him from us! Despite the uncooperative weather, it sounded as if you both had a good time and met some great folks too. Seeing old friends again is always fun!

    Thanks too for the comment on my recent blog post. We were away for a week visiting parts of PA, so I am trying to catch up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.