Sunday, May 7, 2023

DAY THREE OF THE 2023 ANNUAL CONFERENCE (TUESDAY)

 Hello, friends, and thanks for reading along.  I know this is kind of boring for some of you, but I want to get this down for me so that I remember it.  You know this old lady's memory is not what it once was.

Anyway, I did not sleep well on Monday night at all.  I was up and down all night with the pains in my legs and having to run to the bathroom.  Let me tell you, it was awfully nice having a bathroom so close to the bed.  At home I have to get up, go down the hall, etc.  So in the morning I was kind of tired.  But I got up because breakfast was at 7:45 and if you miss it, you miss breakfast.  There is no I think I'll get something later.

And their meals were all so good.  For breakfast this day we had scrambled eggs, sausage, and fried potatoes.  Joe also brought me a fruit cup.  He was so good getting me my meal each time so that I didn't have to walk up there and stand in a long line.  I don't think my legs could have done that.


After we ate, we headed over for the morning session.  Our friend, Pastor Brad, was giving the devotion and we both wanted to hear him.  The singing was great, as usual, and Pastor Brad really made me think about some things.  At the break, I decided to go back to the room and see if I could get some sleep.  I needed it.

I straightened up the room some, then laid down and turned on the live stream.  I saw some of it before falling asleep.  I slept for about an hour, then got up and drove back to the dining hall for lunch. 

As I was driving by the dining hall, I saw a person at the outdoor grill and some flames going up.  Hmm.  Wonder what's for lunch.  It was hamburgers and fries.  It was great tasting a grilled burger and not one you get at McDonald's.  The burgers were great.  The fries not so much.


I went back to the room and read my Bible, charged the tablet and phone, and talked back and forth with Joe and Pastor on my phone.  Then I got dressed and ready for dinner.  I wanted to go to the sessions that night because it was ordination night, my favorite of all the meetings.

I did take some pictures of the area around the cabin we were in.  Everything is so pretty.  And you know you are not in the city anymore.




Dinner was great.  There was a choice of steak or salmon.  I took the salmon which was glazed with a honey sauce.  It melted in my mouth.  Joe had the steak and it was kind of tough so I was glad I had the fish.  There was asparagus and Brussels sprouts also.  When we were finished, we walked across the street to Fellowship Hall.

The evening session was great.  I sat with my friends Sharon, Elaine and Stephanie again.  Vicki had to go home because she was working the next day and couldn't get off.  She teaches high school.

There were four men getting ordained.  Three were there but the fourth wasn't able to make it.  He is the pastor of one of our Mexican churches and he didn't have the necessary covid shots to enter the U.S.  So he will be ordained in Mexico in a few weeks.  It is always interesting to hear the testimonies and see the men commissioned.





The candidates for ordination.


The examining council who had met with them and questioned them to make sure all was as it should be.



Ordaining one of the candidates.

Afterwards there was another reception, but we didn't stay to it.  Joe was beat.  So we went back to our room and that was the end of day 3.  More is coming!

Have a great Sunday.
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful, uplifting conference! So glad you could attend. Hope you have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breakfast looks delicious! I'm happy you were able to get
    a nap to make up for the restless night. The conference sounds
    like it was inspirational. Glad you could sit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabin surroundings look so nice, the meals so delicious! I'm glad you could drive from place to place instead of walking everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.