Thursday, May 25, 2023

JOE'S BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WILDWOOD PART 2 (SATURDAY)

 I have a short time before I have to get ready to leave for the dentist and the dreaded tooth pull.  I have to be sedated because of my heart condition, so I will not be in any shape to write later.  I'm praying all goes well.  Two times ago I was sent home without any work being done because the doctor monitoring me thought I was going to have a heart attack or stroke.  Taking care of my teeth is not easy.

But let me get back to our wonderful vacation.  Saturday was Joe's birthday and we woke up to pouring rain.  And it rained the entire day.  Not much to do in the rain.  No going to the boardwalk or getting onto the beach.  I let Joe sleep in while I watched some YouTube videos.

When he did get up, we decided to go get some breakfast.  We looked online for something close and found Uncle Bill's Pancake House.  We thought it was a local thing, but found out that it's a chain.  So we got into the car and headed off.  Fortunately we keep umbrellas in the trunk of the car so we had some protection.  It was cold too.  I was glad I had brought a jacket with me.


You can't even see the ocean in this picture.  It was VERY foggy.


Uncle Bill's had a large menu.  I told them I had a dairy allergy and the waitress was very good at helping me avoid that.  In fact, I didn't have to take dairy medicine at all while I was away because all the restaurants were great at keeping me away from something that would make me sick.

I had strawberry pancakes for breakfast.


Joe had scrambled eggs, ham and pancakes.


Look at this cute sign outside of the restaurant.


When we finished eating, we headed for Cape Community Church which is a part of our denomination and was nearby.  They were having a flea market and Joe wanted to visit with his friends.



It was a lot of fun meeting everyone.  Joe knows them from going to the online Bible study, but I didn't.  They were all so friendly and I got several hugs.  We bought a couple of jars of honey from one of the Elders there who raises bees.  Then while Joe was talking to him, I wandered over to another table and saw this beautiful bracelet that exactly matched the outfit I was wearing.  It was only $3 so I bought it.  I looked at some other things and ended up at the Mary Kay cosmetics table.  I got some more hugs from Donna and Debbie who were at the table.  Donna is a Mary Kay representative and she loaded me up with samples -- lipstick, blush, lip balm, hand cream.  So nice.

My knees were hurting me a lot, so I ended up going and sitting in the car while Joe went and talked to Pastor Brad.  It was nice just sitting in the fresh air.  I worked on my YouTube video too.

By the way, my YouTube of this trip comes out tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m.  I already have it uploaded and ready to go.  If you want to see more in depth, go there.  It's kind of long though, about 30 minutes.

We went back to our suite and Joe took a nap while I watched TV.  When he got up we tried to decide where to have dinner for his birthday.  Saturday was his actual birthday and I wanted to do something special for him.  He wanted seafood and picked a place called the Water Front (?)  I think.  I can't remember.  So we got directions and headed off for there.

When we got there, we went into both parking lots and they were both completely full.  There was a line outside waiting to get in too.  So we decided to go somewhere else.  Joe drove up a block or two until we found street parking and then we grabbed our phones and started looking for another restaurant.  We found a place not too far away called The Boat House.  They were right on the water and I said that sounded like fun so we headed there.

We found a handicapped parking place right next to the ramp to get to the restaurant.  It was busy, but not really crowded.  We went up to the desk and gave our names.  We were told it would be a 15 minute wait, so we sat down on these benches they had.


I took lots of pictures of Joe.  He's a good subject and doesn't mind.  We didn't wait very long until we were called.  Actually, they take your phone number and text you.  That was cool.

We were given a table right next to the water.  I made Joe sit with his back to the window so that I could take pictures of the outside.


I told the waitress I had a dairy allergy.  When they brought out the salad for us, the cook had put a vinegarette on because it had no milk in it.  So thoughtful!  We also got these wonderful rolls.



Joe got fried flounder with beurre blanc, roasted potatoes and broccoli.


At the waitress' suggestion I had the salmon with blueberry sauce.  It was wonderful!  I also had fries and broccoli which were very good too,


I actually took some of the fries and broccoli with me, but finished the fish.  I stuffed myself.  It was so good.

Then Joe was asked if he wanted dessert.  Of course he did.  He got chocolate cake.  Because the waitress heard us say it was his birthday, she came back with a slice and a lit candle.  How sweet!  Joe is thanking her here.


We started talking to the people sitting at the table next to us.  They were from Philly.  And so was our waitress.  This is her summer job.  She goes to Temple University where Joe went so we got talking to her too.  We met so many people from Philadelphia at the shore.  All of them said they would never go back to the city.  It made us start to think. Hmm...

We went back to the hotel and watched another Phillies game.  We lost this one.  Badly.  Joe said of course that would happen on his birthday.  But he had a really great day and so did I.

I'll tell you about day three tomorrow.  I hope.  If I don't show up you will know it was because of my dental surgery.

Hope you all have a great day.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you found a nice restaurant to celebrate Joe's birthday 🎂 Nice chocolate cake and a candle . I was disappointed when we were at Red Robin for my birthday that I didn't get crew that would sing happy birthday to me and offer me a free dessert. They did that for Phil and Megan in December. You're in my prayers for your tooth extraction. I just got a few shots when my tooth was extracted and implants done late April. Good church and flea market you went thru. Hugs and prayers 🙏 💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I'm thinking of you having your tooth extraction today. Prayers that it all goes well. It looks like you and Joe had a terrific get-away for his birthday! Happy 65th (still young:) birthday to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. I hope your tooth extraction goes well. You will be in my prayers that you can get over it and heal up quickly! This looks like a very nice trip with lots of fun places and delicious food. So glad you could go. Yes, you and Joe might enjoy living farther away from the big city. That is what Charly and I are thinking about for when I retire in 2-3 years. See you again soon. I will watch your Youtube later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found a great place for a getaway! The food looked so scrumptious it made my mouth water. The pancakes, strawberries &
    Joe's cake...wow! Prayers your tooth extraction goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.