Tuesday, May 23, 2023

DAY FOUR OF ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2023 (WEDNESDAY) AND THE TRIP HOME

 

Hello, friends.  I know it's been a while since I was last on here.  Life happens.  This is the end of the Annual Conference posts and then I have lots more to tell you.

This was the last day of the conference.  Breakfast that day was so huge.  I couldn't eat it all.  We had quiche, bacon, hash browns and a baking powder biscuit.


We sat with our pastor and two other pastors we know.  Great conversation.

After breakfast we headed to Fellowship Hall for the meetings.  There was a lot of business to discuss.





After a couple of hours Joe came over to me and said he needed to go back to the room.  He wasn't feeling well.  So I packed up my things and we left right away.  Not getting enough sleep had finally taken its toll.  He was light headed and had a major headache.  Joe laid down and went right to sleep.  I let him sleep for a couple of hours and then woke him up because we had to pack up and leave.  We had missed lunch entirely, but that was OK because he needed the sleep.

We packed up the car (that rental car we had held a lot!) and Joe returned the room keys to the office.  Then we headed off to the hotel where we had stayed before.  We had quite a time getting there because they are doing major work on the roads and it was almost impossible to get to the place.  I was driving and I finally found a way to get there.  Whew!

This time we got the handicapped accessible room which was so much better for me because of the grab bars in the bathroom.

We were both hungry because we hadn't had lunch.  Joe asked the front desk where we could eat.  There were some good places, but it would mean we would have to drive through the construction again.  Then we found out that we could have the food delivered and there were a couple of menus in our room.  So we looked at them and chose one we liked.  I called up and asked if they delivered to our hotel.  "All the time," the guy on the phone said.  Joe got a burger and I got fish and chips.  It was strange to have someone knock on the room door and hand us our food.  I will say, though, that the food was SO GOOD!  Next year when we stay there again, we will definitely order from this place.  

Joe had a good night's sleep.  Me, not so much.  Besides my legs bothering me, Joe was hitting and kicking me in his sleep.  I finally got up, sat in the chair by the door and read a book on my Kindle.  After a while he settled down and I went back to bed.

The morning was beautiful.  We got a small breakfast from the little room they have and then packed up and took off.






And that's the conference for this year.  Who knows what next year will bring.  Every year is different.

I will do my very best to post quickly.  I am having a tooth extracted in two days and I don't know how I will be feeling.  So if I don't show up for a while, you will know what is going on.

Have a wonderful day.

Kathy


























4 comments:

  1. I hope things go well with your tooth extraction. So glad that you and Joe could attend the conference. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, It sounds like you and Joe had a nice time at the conference even though it was hard for you both physically. It's so nice to have an excuse for travel isn't it? Good Luck with your tooth extraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem to make the best of any situation! Glad you are home and Joe is okay! Dental visits always made me so nervous. No worries now, though. Having dentures does have some benefits. But keep your teeth as long as you possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The breakfast looks so delicious! I love quiche! Glad you were able to call out for delivery, true 'room service'. Is that the view from your room (the window)? Love the first one! Hope all goes well with the tooth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.