Friday, September 9, 2022

GOOD NIGHT, MA'AM

 

Hello, friends.  I'm sure you all know by now about the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.


She was one of a kind.  What a remarkable woman.  And her death has left a hole in the entire world.  It seems as if she touched almost everyone in one way or another.

Intelligent, kind, a ruler, a wife, a mother.  She was the epitome of what a woman can be.  And a role model for me for sure.

I thought she was a beautiful woman.  From the time she was young up to the day she died.

And her sense of humor was second to none.  Her family was always talking about how she could make them laugh.  We, the public, saw that humor in her scene at the Olympics with "James Bond" and her recent scene at the Platinum Jubilee with Paddington Bear.


The way I remember her best is from the 60s and 70s when I was growing up.  Yes, like most of the world I don't remember another monarch besides her.  She took the throne a year before I was born.

I'm glad she died peacefully in her sleep with Charles and Anne with her.  I'm glad she didn't suffer.

And now there is another monarch, Charles III.  I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was a teenager.  Not so much at the top of my list in recent years.  But this all seems to have changed him if his speech is any indication.  I hope so.  I hope he has changed for the better.  The UK deserves a good king.

So I say good night to the Queen.  I'm glad you are reunited with Prince Philip.  He truly was the love of your life.  I know that someday I will see you in heaven and be able to tell you what a difference you made in my life.

Good night, ma'am.

Kathy




 





4 comments:

  1. She was beautiful inside & out. Her marriage the love we all hope for. She will be missed. Hopefully her corgies can live out their lives in the palace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you said, Kathy, the late queen was remarkable in so many ways and she will be missed for more reasons than we know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the futrue of England! Praying that the new King will be a leader extraordinaie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Kathy. The queen was an amazing woman and an example to us all. This is a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.