Sunday, September 18, 2022

GOING OUT TO EAT AGAIN


 

Hello, friends!  I hope you had a great day today.

Joe and I have started a habit of going out for lunch after church on Sundays.  Today we went to Yamato's.  In fact, when I got there we actually found a parking spot right outside of the restaurant.  That was nice but very unusual.

I liked the fact that there were two families in there with little children.  And they were digging into all the Japanese food.  I think it's a good thing to introduce different cuisines to children.  It makes them open to trying new things and being less of a picky eater.

We were both hungry.  But I have been having lots of trouble with my stomach so I didn't want to have too much to eat.  I got two appetizers.  The first one was pork gyoza.  That is my favorite dish of all time.  They are dumplings with spiced pork and a dipping sauce.  Yum!  I could eat a dozen of them.


I also had Sunshine Sushi.  It is a vegetarian sushi with crispy fried sweet potato, avocado and mango.  The slices of mango on top gives it its name.


I ate everything but I really pushed it.

Joe got a teryaki beef dinner.  They started him off with miso soup and a salad.  Then they gave him a huge plate of beef with teryaki sauce and a bowl of rice.  He said it was like eating two steaks.


And yes, we both use chopsticks.  I learned as a child and Joe learned when he was stationed in Japan.


Obviously, we were not hungry for dinner.  We just had tomato sandwiches and finished up the little bit of apple pie that was left.

I wonder where we are going to go next week.

Until later,

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Sundays for us can be very busy at church so we've been going out to eat for years. It's nice to sit in a restaurant and be pampered a little while enjoying a great meal. Glad you got to have your favorite meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going out to eat is always a treat. Though I confess I also like
    calling out & eating at home in my loungy clothes! Especially watching
    a good movie! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gyoza truly are delightful and delicious.

    [my favourite Japanese food when I was 16 was sukiyaki].

    I hope you go somewhere autumnal.

    Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. I just read your anniversary post. Enjoyed reading the history of King George II Inn. So fascinating! Your necklace is beautiful and Joe added the perfect inscription. Must mention you look terrific! Your lace top and bright aqua shirt look great on you. My hubby and I are slowly getting back to going out. With covid, we have stayed home. Our favorite meal out is breakfast. So glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a delicious dinner I would enjoy trying. Hope you have a really great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have a regular habit like eating out after church. Something to look forward to all week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely treat on a Sunday. We went out to eat last Saturday for the first time in three years, it felt surreal and loud. That being said, it will probably be some time before we get back into that luxury.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to go out every Sunday too. Loved the break from always cooking. Sounds like this outing was a hit for you, yay! I never have learned to use chopsticks and am too old to master now =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if you ever go to Trader Joe's but they have delicious frozen gyoza and the dipping sauce as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there a couple of times. But the nearest Trader Joe's is about 30 miles from me.

      Delete
  10. It’s nice that you and Joe went out for lunch after services because having a day off from cooking a meal is great. The food looked delicious too. We also use chopsticks as it takes a bit longer to enjoy the meal. Hope you are feeling better, Kathy. We are spending the weekend in one if your favorite places, Lancaster, as we visit family here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.