Wednesday, September 22, 2021

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON

 


Hello, friends!  We've been home from our anniversary trip for five days now.  We love Lancaster so much.  

Yesterday Joe had a doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital.  When he got out, we got on I-76 but instead of turning to go home, I kept right on going and went back out to Lancaster.  We had lunch at the Bird-in-Hand Restaurant and then came back home.  Ah...  It was so nice.  Joe had roast turkey and stuffing for lunch, and I had meatloaf.  We both had mashed potatoes and green beans.  Joe had pumpkin pie for dessert, but I was too full.  I did take a bite of his, though, and it was so good!  

I am so glad we can go out there anytime we want.  We are still looking at houses and Lancaster is definitely a possibility.  The houses out there are so expensive though.  We did find a condo community that is reasonable, so we probably will be looking at that. 

There are also a couple of houses here that are interesting.  We are still looking.  We need to get away from the neighbors next to us as soon as we can.  (The worst part of moving is downsizing and packing up.)

I went to the dental surgeon the other day.  I am having my bad tooth extracted on Monday.  Not looking forward to that but will be glad when it is all over.  We have a big trip coming up in a couple of weeks and I want to have this over with before that happens.

Joe is at Bible Study right now.  As soon as that is over, we are having dinner.  I am making two fillet mignons that my sister gave me with mushrooms, mashed potatoes and whatever veggie I can find in the freezer.  I've been wanting to have this meal for several days to celebrate our anniversary, but it just hasn't worked out until now.  My friend, Marion, gave us a bottle of sparkling cider to go with it.  I will drink just a little bit because I am not supposed to drink carbonated beverages with my esophageal problems.

Today I finally got my car into the garage for inspection and an oil change.  So expensive but I need my car.  And now I am confident to take it on another long ride.  Well, several.

So that is what has been going on.  Sorry I don't have any pictures for you this time.  You will have to use your imaginations.  😊

Enjoy your fall, everyone.  I'm already missing summer.  It's getting dark earlier and earlier these days.

I will be talking to you soon.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy - I hope you find a place you want to live that is affordable. We actually live in a Condo community and its pretty nice - especially because we have lovely surroundings, but don't have to do a lot of yard work. I enjoyed your youtube about your anniversary trip. So glad you could go back to Lancaster County and have lunch today. Good luck with the dental surgeon. I hope you get some relief from your pain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot going on! Those decisions to do something different, as you did going back to Lancaster, are the ones that make life so much fun. Praying that you will find a nice new home asap. As for dental surgery...it will good to have that behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your house hunting, Kathy, and maybe the condo community would be a great place to check out since it’s in a place you both enjoy in PA. Hope the dental surgery goes well before your next trip. Always good to get the car serviced despite the expense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated anniversary to you and Joe. Your lunch sounded wonderful, got me in the mood for a Thanksgiving dinner. So sorry you are being forced to move because of the neighbors. I hope you find somewhere safe and affordable to move to soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spur-of-the-moment things can be quite fun! Lunch sounds delicious. I am praying the Lord shows you the right house.Hope the dentist visit goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your house hunting. And good luck at the dentist. Your lunch on the way home sounded delicious. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lancaster. I was there once many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, It sounds like you & Joe had a terrific lunch date:) Both of your meals sound delicious. That's too bad that you need to move because of your neighbors and I sure hope you are able to find a place that feels right for you and Joe soon. Good luck on your tooth removal:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are close to Lancaster. I enjoyed being there years ago when on vacation. I hope your tooth extraction goes well. Been there, done that. I remember having my wisdom teeth removed when in USAF! My dentist is so good to be with as he's very good at what he does. Hope you find a nice home for you soon, that's not out of your price range. We'll be here in our house for who knows how long! 32 years this Dec. I liked the reading at beginning of post. I like fall as it's cooler, even though I will miss my lovely flowers. Most of them are perennials so they will be back next year! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How blessed to be able to drive to Lancaster for lunch. I've only seen pictures but have read the area is beautiful. You really have a full plate with the dentist and house shopping. The market in So. Ca. is insane as I'm sure it is everywhere. The prices have jumped unbelievably in the last 2 years....and so many buyers. I do pray you and Joe find the right place to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, Lancaster is a possibility!! Would love to have you here. I continue to pray that you will soon find your new home. Ugh, getting a tooth pulled. Hopefully that will be the end of your mouth pain! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so beautiful in Lancaster. I hope you find where you would like to move and have a good experience. Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.