Wednesday, September 1, 2021

WELCOME SEPTEMBER


 And here it is -- September has arrived.  September is my favorite month of the year.  Half summer, half fall.  My two favorite seasons.  September always seems like a new beginning.  So September 1 is special.

One thing I did today was get my hair trimmed.  It's really not that different because it was just getting an inch taken off.  But doing that keeps it looking nice and not getting stringy.


After I was finished, I went and picked up my friend Donna and we went food shopping.  I had just gotten my pension money so this is when I do my monthly order.  Then during the rest of the month I just pick up the few things we run out of like bread, milk, eggs, etc.

As we were leaving the store it began raining.  And it has been raining ever since.  Lots of rain.  And reports of a tornado.  It's the end of Hurricane Ida.  Lots of flooding.  Here is a short video my brother took of his street.

https://www.facebook.com/1005378955/videos/385346482957607/

In spite of all of this, we still had our annual dinner of spare ribs, potato salad and sliced tomatoes.  Each year it is a little different, but it's always spare ribs.  They were wonderful.


I think Joe liked his dinner.


I just used paper plates so I didn't have to wash the very sticky plates.

And now September is here and I will start doing all kinds of autumn things.  I think you will enjoy it.

Have a great evening everyone.  I will see you soon.

Kathy








8 comments:

  1. Certainly was a LOT of rain! I'm looking forward to the breezier weather. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy September to you and Joe! Wow - you got a lot of rain. You dinner looks simply delicious! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to believe it's September! This year is flying by. Oh the rain...so happy to see it gone and to now have cooler temps and blue skies!
    Have a great Friday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness on all that rain! I watched the news last night for the first time in a very LONG time! I found Newsmax and it showed all the awful damage and heavy rain up east due to the aftereffects of the hurricane. Oh, my! I thought of you and so many othere friends up that way. Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brother's street is surely flooded. Hope that on this 4th of September, the water is gone. Ida dropped a lot of rain here as well. Some flooding, but nothing serious. Hope that's the last of the hurricanes.

    At over $3 a pound, I am not enjoying tomatoes as I usually would so your traditional September meal looks especially good to me.

    Enjoy September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dinner looks delicious. All my tomatoes this year came from my plants. This was a first. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard of all that rain and immediately thought of you! I'm glad you're OK there. Yes, I love this time of year and will start my Fall decorating soon. Have a nice Labor Day tomorrow! We are having ribs too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.