Tuesday, September 7, 2021

LABOR DAY


 

Hello, friends!  Hope you all had a good day today.  It is heading for midnight and I need to go to bed soon so I can get up for Bible Study in the morning.

Even though it is a holiday, it didn't seem that way to me.  I didn't put out any flags and we didn't do anything special.  I have so much cleaning to do and didn't even get that done.  So much to do and no energy at all.

I'm really trying to get caught up on things.  We are planning on moving soon.  If we can find a house, that is.  And the house I am living in is a mess.  So much to do!  We are looking at a house on Wednesday.  I saw it as I was driving down the street on Sunday and then looked it up online.  It looks really good except for some updating.  But you can make anything look good online.  So seeing it for myself in person is really important.

So many things are coming up in the next few weeks.  I will, of course, be taking you along.  Wait until you see.  I am so excited.

For dinner I made fried pork chops and we had left over green beans and broccoli.  I almost never fry my chops anymore.  But the air fryer was dirty and the dishwasher was full so I just grabbed a pan.

Speaking of the dishwasher, it seems a seal has disintegrated and now there is water leaking from the door when the machine is running.  Joe says that he can fix it, we just have to go get the part.  So that is on our "to do" list for this week.

I also have to get to a dentist soon!  My teeth are very much bothering me.  I think it will come to just getting them pulled.  I don't have hundreds of dollars to work on them.  *sigh*

And now I MUST get going and get to bed.  Morning comes early and I have been oversleeping the last two days.  Take care and I will be back soon.


Kathy

7 comments:

  1. You have me curious as to 'what's coming up' in the next few weeks. Hoping it's all good. Any dental pain is awful. You have my empathy.Praying you find just the right house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. House hunting can be fun, but also frustrating. We have done that many times. I think we will stay where we are for a while. I hope you and Joe find the perfect place. You have been in your current home a long time, so moving will be quite a change for you. I hope you can get to a good dentist who can help you with your dental problems. I just cancelled a dental check-up appointment until I could get a third vaccine booster, but now it looks like a third vaccine is not going to come for a while, so I will have to reschedule. Makes me nervous because I don't even know if the people at the dentist's office have been vaccinated. I hope you had a good Labor Day. We are out of town on a little end-of-summer getaway, but we are heading home today. Back to reality. See you again soon. Have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck house hunting. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homes take a lot of upkeep, maintenance and repair. ven a new one will require some work. I've lived here for 54 years and it is an ongoing and never ending job to 'keep house!'
    I wish you the best in locating just what you are looking for. Perhaps something a bit lower on maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving? Close by or closer to your sister?
    It's hard work to moving but if you are ready, you can do it.
    Keep us abreast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't do anything special on Monday either. Christy did grill steaks for dinner and they were so yummy! I can relate to getting things cleaned out for a move...it's hard work to say the least. But it's so rewarding in the end...may that tidbit bring you peace and joy 😊
    Really hope you soon find the perfect home. Also can't wait to hear about what you have coming up!
    Wishing you a delightful Wednesday...ironically, I'm heading to the dentist this morning because of a tooth that's been bothering me even before vacation. UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a lot of things going on and all at the same time, Kathy. House hunting is a lot of work, but packing and moving is also hard. We've done both a few times, and now living in an apt we have no house-related chores compared to the ones faced by so many others we know. Have you considered perhaps a condo or even renting?

    Dental issues have plagued me as well. Since you live in a metro area, perhaps you can check if there is a dental school that offers lower cost alternatives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.