Monday, August 30, 2021

HELLO


 Hello, friends.  My sister said tonight that I never write in my blog anymore and she is right.  I never have time.  It is hard for me to write or read other blogs.  Not because I am not interested, but I am so busy.  And life is not going to get any easier.

Yesterday we had a baptism at church.  The first one in about four years.  We baptize adults by emersion.  Since we do not have a pool, one of the neighbors very kindly loaned us his.  We are so happy for Ana.


The two little girls I had in my Sunday School class have been returned to their mother.  So there has been no class recently.  Last week we had missionaries visiting and they had three little boys.  The two older ones went with me into the room and we had the lesson on Josiah.  I found that girls and boys are different to teach.  Girls talk about Barbies and My Little Pony.  Boys talk about monsters and how far a person can spit.  Ha, ha!

I couldn't sleep on Saturday night.  I had about 90 minutes  of sleep tops.  Probably less.  So I was really out of it yesterday.  I went through the day in a fog.  I went to bed around 2:00 p.m. and finally fell asleep around 3:00 p.m.  I slept for about two hours and felt a lot better.  Joe called out and got Chinese food so that I wouldn't have to cook.

I went for my semi-annual checkup with my oncologist last week.  Everything is good.  No sign of my cancer returning.  Good news!  So the doctor said since it has been so long, from now on I can come annually.  I don't need to see her until next August.  Of course if anything comes up, I just have to call her and get an appointment.

I went to the Crafters group at church on Saturday, but I was the only one that showed up.  Oh well.  I am working on so many crafts at home.  I am making another temperature blanket this year.  I said I wasn't going to do it, but I did.  So much yellow, pink and red in it.  Those are the "hot" colors.  It certainly shows what a warm year we are having.

I am also knitting a baby blanket for my new little great-grandson that is coming.  I have gathered all my left-over blue yarn and am making blocks which I will crochet together to look like a patchwork quilt.  The yarn is all different shades of blue and different textures just as if I were using different kinds of cloth.  The good thing is that I am getting rid of a lot of yarn.  When I am finished, I will wash it before I send it off to make sure everything is clean, soft and fresh smelling.

Besides that, I joined Annie's Attic Farmhouse Craft Club.  I get a new craft every month.  They are really nice too.  So far I have made a beaded patriotic garland and a coaster set.  I made a YouTube video about it.  Here is the link to it.


Tomorrow is Bible Study.  We are starting on Hebrews chapter 5.  I was going to do a review of chapter 4 but... I can't find the book!

I can't find a wedding invitation that I have to return either.  Oh my!  This house MUST get cleaned up.  I am so disorganized.

And with that, I have to get going on putting a lesson together.  I hope all is well with all of you.  August is almost over.  So is the summer.  Time is flying.

Kathy







8 comments:

  1. Your crafting club sounds like a lot of fun. I enjoyed seeing the patriotic garland craft video. So glad your trip to the doctor was good and that you now go back only once a year. Very good news indeed. I am glad your life is so busy and happy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy for you on the good news from the doctor! I empathize with you on trying to find things. I say 'I'll put it here to know where it's at'. But then? Where exactly is 'here'? Oh well.Great news on the baptism. Don't fret,you always do a good lesson at Bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to read your blog again Kathy. That was good news from your oncologist! And so happy for the church baptism too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, August and summer have gone way too quickly as usual. What good news from your doctor! I'm sure your Bible study was really good....I love to hear many teachers...I listen to several different church services each week. Hope your Tuesday is a good good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Ha! Kathy, I sure enjoyed your video on your craft projects. I can hardly wait to see your Thanksgiving craft and good luck in finding the directions to your last craft project:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news from your doctor! I do a lot of crafts too, but mostly crocheting nowadays. I'd love to see a photo of the block blanket when it is finished. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! I'm so happy for you with the good news from your doctor! Sounds like you've been a pretty busy gal! I missed blogging so much that I came back! My old blog was messed up and all my pictures were gone! So, I started another one with a new name - My Note Songs.
    I hope you'll pop in sometimes to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me laugh when I read what girls vs. boys like when teaching Sunday school. Always something to figure out to say. I am glad you no longer have cancer and it stays that way. Praying that you get more sleep. No fun to not sleep well. Don't drink anything with caffiene in it after late afternoon is a good thing. We had a good time in Alaska and so beautiful. I need to get something done for dinner soon. i forgot to get something out of freezer last night. Sigh! Maybe chicken nuggets, since Megan won't be here and she doesn't like them! Hugs and take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.