Saturday, March 27, 2021

THE GARDEN


 Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  It was sunny and in the 80s (high 20s C.).  The only problem was the high winds we were having.  Our trash and recycling cans were blowing all over the yard.  But I did get a chance to spend some time outside.  And I took pictures to show you how things are doing.

I did splurge on getting a new banner for my fence.  Hello, Spring!

And I couldn't pass up this beautiful garden flag with the cross made of flowers and the words "He Is Risen."  A reminder of what we celebrate at this time of year.


After I got the banner and the flag set up, I walked around the yard looking at all the things that are starting to get green.  These first two pictures are of my hydrangea.  It didn't bloom at all last year, so hopefully it will this time around.  I don't see any flower buds on it, but there are lots of little leaves coming out.

Oops, a flag blew down in that great wind.  I will have to make sure I pick it up tomorrow.  More leaves coming out.


I am totally thrilled with my lilac bush.  Not only does it have leaves, but there are tiny little lilacs starting to come out on it.

Joe's favorite spring flower is a daffodil.  I planted lots of them when we first got married.  All different colors.  Two of them are up and blooming.


And my crabapple tree has leaves and little flower buds too.  Spring has really come.


I love seeing the garden come back to life after a long and cold winter.  But with the new life comes a lot of work to keep it looking nice.  I usually begin the Sunday after Easter to put things together.  I do just a small area each Sunday.



Hope spring is coming to your area too.  In any case, the sunlight hours are getting longer and the temperatures warmer.  That's a good thing.

See you later this week.

Kathy




14 comments:

  1. Beautiful...prayers...have you both had vaccines?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe got both of his at the Veterans Administration months ago. I get my second dose this week.

      Delete
  2. I like seeing the slow unfolding of the new plants.I see the leaves of my hyacinths but no blooms yet. Guess it's a little early... I love the scent & usually get at least one or two for the house.Have a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hyacinths too but sometimes the scent is too much for me if I have them inside.

      Delete
  3. I love your new banner and Easter flag! Happy Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I couldn't resist when I saw them.

      Delete
  4. You're going to have pretty flowers this year! I watched a house hunter show yesterday and it was in your city. They showed 3 homes like yours and it was fun to see! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks as if it held up well over the winter. Tackling the garden a bit at a time is the way I must do mine as well. So far, I have removed the protective covering from the roses. Woot!

    Love that Spring banner for your fence. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Lucky you to have things greening up and blooming. We won't have anything growing or blooming for at least a month yet. Spring comes late to WI. Love your banner and He Is Risen flag. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy. I love your little backyard. It is the the right size! It is so lovely to see the new leaves and flowers come out in the spring. I love your Easter flag and Spring Banner. They are just right! So glad you are getting your second dose of the vaccine this week. Remember to avoid painkillers for a couple of days and be prepared to feel a little tired and achy. I hope it goes well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good that you've been able to work in your yard. My lilacs aren't doing anything yet. It's much warmer where you are. Enjoy working in your garden, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had some lovely days and things are just starting to come up. My daffodils are up and blooming and I love them! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes indeed, with new life comes a lot of work. We like to start property clean-up at the beginning of March and try to be done by the beginning of April. If I wait later than that, the new life has already *really* started coming up and I end up stepping on things to try and clean. If I do it beforehand, it makes things a lot easier. Enjoy! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the blooms in your yard! Your lilacs are farther along then mine. I hope the extreme cold we just had didn't harm them. Isn't spring just the best?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.