Saturday, March 20, 2021

ST. PATRICK'S DAY


 Hello, friends!  I know I am late getting this post to you, but when you hear my story you will understand.  First of all, I hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day and had lots of good Irish food to eat.  Let's face it, we're all Irish on St. Patrick's Day.  But in the case of Joe and me, we really are Irish 365 days a year!

I bought a new St. Patrick's Day wreath for my door.  It has cute little lights in it and I so enjoyed having it lit at night.


I even wore my Irish shirt that I bought when I was in Tennessee five years ago.  Couldn't find one in Philly, but Covington's Walmart had it.

I decided to make some Irish soda bread for dinner.  The recipe was an authentic Irish recipe where you use only four ingredients:  flour, salt, baking soda and buttermilk.  I even made a YouTube video as I made it.  My poor camera got covered in dough.  😦  All clean now though.  And the bread turned out good.

In the afternoon I started feeling bad.  I got bad pains in my abdomen.  At first I thought it was indigestion or gas.  But it got worse and worse.  I ended up going to bed and laying on my stomach.  That helped a lot.  The pains went on off and on all night.  The next day it was better, but still there and often severe.  By yesterday it was almost gone.  So far so good today.  I have to call my doctor on Monday and tell him about it.  My GI tract is really messed up right now.  I can barely eat anything without getting sick.  Good way to lose weight?

So anyway, I was too sick to write any blog posts.  It was all I could do to get through the day.  I can't tell you how relieved I was to wake up feeling pretty good this morning and not get sick on my breakfast.

Anyway, I have been having fun coloring some leperauchan pictures from my coloring app.  They had 10 cute illustrations to color and I thought I would share them with you.











Aren't they great?  I so enjoyed these.

Today is the first day of spring and I am so happy about that.  We are having the best weather this week -- sunny and warm.  I am starting to decorate the house with spring and a bit of Easter.  When Easter is over (and it's coming up fast!) I will just remove it and the spring will remain.  Yesterday I had to go to RiteAid and Joe bought me two little gnome figures holding flowers and butterflies.  I don't know how I got into gnomes, but it's been about a year now that I really love them.  My pastor likes them too and Joe said I am turning into Pastor Ralph.  Really?  Do I look like Pastor Ralph?  I don't think I have a beard.

Since I never got to make it, I am doing my Irish stew for dinner tonight.  I am going to try to film it for my vlog.  I am having fun doing a vlog, but I am running out of things to film.  Joe and I are talking about taking a road trip to Lancaster soon and that would be something but in the meantime...  It does test my creativity but I think that's good.

I'd better get going because I have a lot to do to get ready for tomorrow.  I love teaching Sunday School but it sure takes some work and studying.  We are learning about Zacchaeus tomorrow.

So until later, enjoy your day!

Kathy








13 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better. It's always something it seems. Love the cute pages! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm happy to hear you are having a better day today. Loving the warmer weather! Our daffodils are about ready to open...it's starting and things will continually bloom. Yay! Take care, enjoy your day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually make corned beef and cabbage but didn't get to it this year. I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully you'll have a good weekend. I'm loving our weather coming up. Starting today it's got some sun and warmth. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. So glad you are feeling better. Feeling sick is not fun at all! Our weather here was warm last week, but today it is much colder and it has been pouring rain all day. We also had a few snowflakes mixed in. Those St. Patrick's pictures are sure cute. I watched your soda bread vlog and enjoyed it. I play to make it one day soon. You have great recipes and it is fun to hear you giving the directions and telling us about what is going on. Maybe you can post your Sunday School lesson tomorrow. I would enjoy that. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and Happy Spring to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been feeling sick. Have you had your gallbladder checked? It sounds like that might be your problem. I've tried, but it seems I can never find your vlog. Don't know why that is. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have gallbladder problems but this is different. Gallbladder isn't set off by drinking water. Believe me, the gallbladder was the second thing I thought of after appendecitis.

      To find my vlog go to YouTube and in the search box type in Kathy's Happy Home. Hope this helps. Let me know if you are still having problems with it and please let me know who you are. Thanks so much for reading and reaching out to me.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling better. When I saw the forecast for the week you are the first one I thought of! Can't wait! The wreath looks so pretty.Bet it's even prettier lit up. Woodstock at the end is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wreath and T-shirt! I do hope you woke up Sunday morning feeling good and had a good Lord’s Day.
    ( I enjoy reading this blog and watching your vlog on YouTube.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better and love your new wreath! Spring is definitely here and I couldnt be happier. Enjoy your Sunday and teaching your class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're feeling better, Kathy, but my goodness it sounds like you were really sick. Could it have been food poisoning somehow? I always think of food poisoning when I hear of stomach "pain". At any rate I hope whatever you had is gone for good now. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have alot of nice wreaths. I had one for Christmas and so far, that is it. I am glad you are feeling better. It is no fun having stomach problems. Continue drinking good water helps. I have other ways to help my stomach as well. I am glad it is spring and it is gonna be a bit warmer this week.
    Enjoy your day and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're feeling better. Your gnomes will look wonderful in your yard. You have a super day, Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated St Patrick’s day wishes to you, Kathy, and sorry to read about your stomach ills, which hopefully are gone now, but checking with your doctor might prevent another episode as that one sounded awful. The coloring pages must have been fun to do and sere very colorful as was the new wreath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.