Thursday, January 21, 2021

SUNRISE


 Hello, friends!  Happy Thursday.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It's still very early here.  I woke up around 3:00 a.m. and felt full of energy.  So I took advantage of that.  So far I've put a load of laundry in the washer, put a load of dishes in the dishwasher, and put my order in online to Shoprite for pickup tomorrow.  I was going to go to the store myself, but the list got longer and longer and I realized there was no way I could get everything by myself.  My knees are bad lately so I knew I couldn't walk around the store by myself.  I will have them put it together for me and pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  And the sun hasn't even come up!

Speaking of sunrises, I want to show you the first 10 days of January.  I didn't get every day of the month.  Some days I slept in.  But here are the beauties I did get.

Friday, January 1 -- New Year's Day

Saturday, January 2 -- nice and clear


I took a picture on Sunday, January 3 but somehow it got deleted.  I looked in the trash online and through several files but it is gone.  Gone for good.  But it was overcast and we had a little rain.  It looked very much like this one from Monday, January 4.


Another gray day on Tuesday, January 5.


Wednesday, January 6 was clear and pretty.


So was Thursday, January 7.


Finally on Friday, January 8 we had a beautiful and colorful sunrise.  I loved the clouds and they were much more vivid than these pictures show.  Gold and violet is a good way to start the day.



In fact, I took two pictures that day.


Saturday, January 9 was a pretty day, but very cold.  I took the picture through the window.  That's why you see the screen.


And finally Sunday, January 10th.  Another pretty day with some rose highlights in the sky.


It is very cold today.  The temperatures are in the 20sF (around -5*C).  I am going to try to stay inside and stay warm.  I actually have no where I need to go today.

I went to the doctor's yesterday and it was so busy that she couldn't see me until 2 hours after my appointment time.  It was worth the wait, though.  I am doing very well (besides the stomach issue).  She gave me a sample of a brand new medication for my migraine headaches.  It seems to be a miracle drug for a lot of people.  If it works for me, she will give me a prescription for it.  I don't have any headaches right now and I am not looking for one to come back, but I have it if I need it.  So it was a worthwhile visit.

And now I will take my morning medicine and get something to eat.  I think I will turn on the space heater again too.  I was warm and turned it off, but it is getting cold in here.  Be safe and I will see you later.

Kathy







10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Kathy. I love sunrises and sunsets. Hope you have a very good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Isn't it nice that you can call your order in for groceries and go to pick them up when the order is ready? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos of your space on this planet xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your new medicine for the headaches works for you. It will be such a blessing. You stay warm and have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you never need that medicine. Migraines are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I surely hope the new medicines work. My dearest hates the cold, but then we live in Southern CA and that's not what you can really call COLD like you have. But he wraps up with blankets and area heaters. I'm ready for flip flops as I'm a summer gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were sure bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning! That's what the old folks used to say - bright eyed and bushy tailed!!! I want to have some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've woken up that early at times. I am glad you have more energy. Nice sunrises. We have had some nice sunsets lately. I am glad you're feeling better. Funny comic at end of post!😁 take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors of sunrises/sunsets! you're right about photos not quite doing
    them justice. You certainly woke up energized! Glad to hear you were able to get so much done. (I always need a nap later when that happens!) Snuggle up & stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the doctor gave you something for your migraines and hope it works. The pictures were great. Stay inside and stay warm this Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.