Sunday, January 17, 2021

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


 Hello, friends!  Welcome back on this Sunday morning.  It is very early but I couldn't sleep so I got up and made a blueberry coffee cake for breakfast.  Before you think I am so ambitious, it was from a mix.  I was going to make muffins, but coffee cake is so much easier.

Thank you to everyone who sent their prayers and good wishes on my tests.  They were much easier than I expected (although the doctor said I kept moving around so he didn't think it was easy!).  I definitely felt your prayers all around me.  The results, however, were not what we had hoped for.  A lot of polyps were taken for analysis and I have to see the doctor in six weeks and schedule another surgery after that.  I have a feeling 2021 is going to be as bad as 2020 was.

But with all of that said, let me show you some of the dinners we have had this year.  We have been calling out for dinner at least once a week.  This week was more because I just wasn't up to cooking.  I didn't take pictures of those meals, just the ones I made.

New Year's Day (that seems so long ago) I had a pork roast, mashed potatoes and peas and carrots.  Everything was delicious.

On Saturday the second we had poached salmon, rice and mixed vegetables.  Rice was a nice change.  I haven't made it in awhile.


On Sunday the third I used up some leftovers in the refrigerator.  Joe had rigatoni with marinara sauce and cheese.

I had a piece of left over salmon with some left over rice.

Continuing on with our left overs, on Tuesday the fifth we had left over pork, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and butter and applesauce.  I added some pork gravy and it was very good.



I had some stewing beef cubes in the freezer so for Wednesday the sixth I made Mississippi pot roast in the crock pot and served it over mashed potatoes with asparagus on the side.  We were having work done on the back of our house and I really didn't want to be in the kitchen all that much with the workmen walking over my head.  Little bits of dust were falling from the ceiling.  The perfect day for a crock pot meal.


And finally on Thursday the seventh I had barbecued chicken thighs made in the air fryer, a baked potato and broccoli crowns.



What's for dinner tonight?  You'll just have to wait and see.  Hope I have given you some ideas for your meals.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kathy






12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I'm sorry to hear that you will need to go back to the doctor in six weeks to hear the test results. My wish for you is "good health" in 2021! I am thinking of making a pot roast with potatoes and vegetables in the crock pot sometime this week. The meals you had in early January look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you and the outcome when you go back to the doctor. The meals all look delicious. I wish I liked to cook but since my son and his family moved in, he is our cook! Have a nice Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do a good job making meals, providing variety, and taking good pictures.

    Do you have roofers up there? It's always nice to get a big job done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brussels Sprouts are my favorite veggie and those ones you cooked up with the mushrooms look soooo good! I think I will make a few just for me today with our meatloaf (I'm the only one who likes them). For lunch we are having leftovers...stuffed peppers I made the other night and pasta from dinner at Olive Garden last night.
    I'm sorry the test results weren't as you'd hoped. I will continue to pray for a good outcome.
    Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I sure hope you are feeling better. I have ulcerative colitis and ended up with an ileostomy (had my entire colon and rectum removed). I have had to eat according to what my digestive system allowed my entire life. Right now I am on a low fiber diet. Back when I had my colon I had a terrific doctor who suggested a bowl of bran cereal before bed. It worked better than any pill or other treatment. He said it acted like a sponge and cleaned along its way. I also took Librax, a colon relaxer at my discretion for the pain. I wish you all the good health that I can and I will be praying for you everyday! jackie (from the country)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers dear girl...especially for your surgery...love your blog...
    Kathy, do you enjoy reading? What are some of the books you like? Puzzle books? What hobbies do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping this year will be better. Your meals look tasty. Crock pot meals is definitely the way to go. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy. Your dinners look great. Hope your home repairs and renovations go well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ate out at Arbys after ⛪ today. Alaskan Pollack was delicious. Me as food evening time as meal was larger than most days. Hopefully you are feeling better daily and removal of polyps go well and hopefully nothing too bad health wise. I've had 3 abdominal surgerys years ago. No fun at all but thankful I am still alive and walking. Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the polyps. I don't hold still either! Also i'm
    usually chilly in those rooms. Food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im' sorry about the polyps . I do hope your 2021 is better than 2020. Your meals looked delicious. I've been cooking very simply lately. I made stake, fried onions, spinach with a side salad one night.. Then another night I made seasoned cod fish with asparagus and a salad. Another night I made left over Chicken Pot Pie and then one night I cooked up some Salisbury Steaks with a brown mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and a salad. It's been really cold here in SC and I haven't felt well in weeks so for me, easy is what I can do now..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh that all looks delicious! Hope this week is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.