Friday, January 15, 2021

WHAT I'M READING -- MADDY'S TAIL BY BRENDA NEWME (2021/1)


 Hello friends!  Happy Friday.  I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  I am writing this post on Thursday to have it post today for you.  As you read this I am probably in the hospital having my two tests done.  I need to be there around 10:45 for my first test at 11:15.  I was told the tests would be about 2 1/2 hours.  So I figure I will be home around 2:30.  Joe has promised to make me scambled eggs for lunch when I get home.  He makes the BEST scrambled eggs I have ever eaten.  I might even get him to make me some bacon too.  Ha, ha!  Then since I doubt I will be up for cooking, he has said he will call out for dinner.

For today I wanted to share the first book I have read this year.  One of my vlog friends, Brenda, wrote this book.  For privacy, she never gives her last name.  Her vlog is "My New Me" and so she wrote under the name Brenda New Me.


It is a Kindle book and for Christmas she offered it for free to any of her readers.  Of course I took her up on this generous offer.  The book is entitled, "Maddy's Tail."


It is the true story of her cat, Maddy, told from Maddy's point of view.  Maddy had lived with a person she calls the Sweet one.  This sweet little old lady had gotten sick and died and the woman's family threw Maddy out of the house.  Maddy lived on the streets for a couple of years, barely surviving because she was a house cat.  (Why do people do these things?  I know it really happens.  Take your cat to a shelter for goodness sake.)

Maddy happens upon a family that she is attracted to.  They seem nice and friendly and leave food and water out for her.  She takes her time and weaves herself into their lives.  Ultimately she is taken in and becomes a much loved part of their family.

Such a sweet book.  It wasn't very long and was an easy read.  I loved that it was told from Maddy's viewpoint.  This is a thumbs up from me.  👍

Here are a couple of pictures of the real life Maddy and the dedication page.




If you get a chance to read this, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Back to real life tomorrow (Saturday).  I will see you then.

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really good story. Praying for you and your tests today, that all will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. That does sound like a sweet book. I will check that out! Thanks and I do hope your medical tests go well. Have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Hope you are feeling good by time you are reading comments. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a precious story. I just finished one that is probably the dog version. It's titled "Jessica's Diary" by Robin Darcy. It is also a short Kindle book. Jessica is a German Shepard. I totally enjoyed it. Hope all is well with you & know that I'm praying for & with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are able to rest and have a good weekend. This book looks very cute! You are in my prayers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story...yes, people do such mean things to animals. We had a dear friend pass away in late summer. He had a cat whom he loved and was loved by. His family began putting out ads to give the cat up to a good home. With so many relatives, we wondered why one of them wouldn't take the cat. We found out that the kitty was a one man cat. He didn't take kindly to anyone.

    Yay for the tests being over. Yay for a hubby who makes delicious scrambled eggs. Now for a nice, uneventful weekend with naps included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good read. I hope the tests went well and by today your up and running and enjoying food again! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.