Saturday, August 15, 2020



Hello, friends.  I really meant to get back to you before this.  And I really meant to get out into the yard and do some more.  But things just didn't work out that way.

We had a lot of rain this week.  Lots and lots of rain.  Working outside just wasn't in the plan.  So that didn't happen.  But let me show you what got done earlier this week.

The grass was about halfway to our knees.  Joe got out there and started whacking it down.  I really don't like him doing that because his allergies are so bad.  But he put on a mask and went out.

I insisted on taking over and between the two of us we got the grass under control.

We are overrun with morning glories.  They are pretty, but seem to choke out all of my plants.  You can see the job they did on the stand for my gazing ball.

I took a few minutes to clean it off.  Looking much better!

Then I went over and cleaned out the earthbox with the two tomato plants.  I pulled out all the weeds, got the fairies and mushrooms situated, and looked for tomatoes.  None yet, but lots of flowers.  I hope I get some fruit soon or it will be too late in the season to get anything.

The fern in the pot had a lot of dead leaves on it.  I cleaned that up.

And then I pulled up all the weeds along the fence and straightened the solar lights.  Joe changed the flag for me.

I hope it will be a nice day tomorrow so that I can do some more work.  So much to do out there.

One reason I didn't get out in the yard besides the rain is that I was in the hospital getting a test done.  One of several before I have a procedure on September 9th.  The test was on Wednesday.  On Tuesday night I so wanted to stay up to see the meteor shower but I fell asleep.  It was a fasting test, so I guess I'm glad I slept all night and didn't think about getting a midnight snack.

I may not have seen any meteors, but I did see the sun rise the next day.  Yes, the test was that early.

And I was very glad when it was done and I could get dressed and go home.

I had taken two Pop Tarts with me so I had something to eat as soon as I got back to the car.

So that's what's been happening this week.  Now I have to go back to cleaning the house.  And baking.  And putting the church bulletin together.  It never ends.

Have a good evening.



  1. You two be careful whacking weeds and such. I love your flag banner and the new welcome flag. Take care of yourselves. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

  2. I hope the procedure you are having isn't a serious one, Kathy. It looks like you have a really good start on your yard and are making headway. That's always a good thing. xo Diana

  3. You did so much and it shows - very nice. Whatever your procedure is, we will be praying all goes well for you.

  4. Hi Kathy. Your yard looks great. Hope everything turns out well medically. Have a good Sunday.

  5. Wow! You & Joe really did a great job on the yard! Looks good. I know what you
    mean about all this rain. Love the cooler temps though. I love your top. We will be praying all goes well medically.

  6. You and Joe did a wonderful job on your backyard. Your tomato plants are looking so good. Hope all turns out well. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

  7. I hope the temps in your area are cooler for all that outdoor work! It always feels good when we get projects done. I hope your tests come out good. Enjoy your Sunday and next week!

  8. Your yard is looking fabulous! Between you and Joe you did a good job. It looks like a wonderful place to sit and enjoy plants and the birds. If only the weather would cooperate!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.