Saturday, September 21, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


I hadn't realized how long it has been since I did a What's for Diner post until I looked back at my blog.  An entire month.  So I decided tonight was a good time to give you some meal ideas.  So let's get to it.


On Labor Day we had our friend Frank over for dinner.  Joe made a pork roast, green beans, applesauce and mashed potatoes.  It's nice that every once in awhile Joe decides to give me a break and makes dinner.


The next day we called out for Chinese food.  The restaurant is one block from our house.  Joe walked down and got it for us.  It has been a long time since we did this.  I had moo goo gai pan and an egg roll.  Joe had chicken chow mein and fried rice.  This is a picture of my plate.


On the fourth we had spinach and cheese tortellini and garlic bread.  It's hard to see, but I put mozzarella cheese on top of my tortellini.


On the fifth we had a ham slice, mashed sweet potatoes and a salad.


We had grilled chicken thighs, mashed sweet potato, and spinach and mushrooms on the 9th.



Last night we had breaded flounder, corn on the cob and a salad.

I had another picture from the 6th showing our dinner of poached salmon, but when I went to send it over to my email, it disappeared.  I had already deleted it so I guess that's it.

We also had fried rice one night and macaroni and cheese on Thursday.  Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce.

It's hard for me to think up dinners.  I think I am losing my creativity in that area.  What are you having to eat?  Give me some ideas.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good night.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. It all looks so good! I used the new mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes on some meals & substituted manwhich in spaghetti. For a quick one pan meal,use 2 packs ramen noodles (chicken or beef) in a frying pan with water& frozen veggies. You can even use canned chicken in a pinch.Quick & easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a great job on coming up with varied dinners. Now that I'm working full time, I find I have a hard time coming up with menus and having the energy to follow through. I joined an online service that each month publishes menus and shopping lists and you can choose from crock pot, family, low-calorie, etc. It has helped a lot and I've found a few things I never thought my husband would eat, but he's loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals all look good and healthy! But there's not enough food on the plate to fill Louis Dean up! He eats a lot!
    I'm cooking pinto beans right now and will add rice and smoked sausae to make it a complete meal. Nothing fancy. But I am going to make a batch of sweet cornbread to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a good job plating and taking the pictures....it shows beautifully! I try to eat a salad most days for lunch. Last week I made meatloaf and baked potatoes,sausage gravy and biscuits, take out pizza (easy!! I got a chicken breast salad), and spaghetti which is Ellen's favorite, not mine. Our son and family were away at the beach so it was just the 3 of us. Unusual to cook for only 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meatloaf! I haven't made it in awhile . That's a good idea .

      Delete
  5. These, What's For Dinner, posts always make me hungry! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.