Wednesday, September 4, 2019

GROCERY HAUL


And here is the first grocery haul for the month.  It was such a busy day yesterday.  I taught Bible Study which went wonderfully.  I don't know what happened, but as I began teaching 2 Timothy the whole mood of the study changed.  Where I used to go through a chapter a week, now I'm lucky to get through three verses.  So much interaction between the ladies.  It's wonderful!

So I didn't get to go food shopping until dinner time.  I was in terrible pain yesterday and had a hard time making it through the store.  I had the list laid out with like things together.  I found which aisle each item was in and went through the store quickly.  Joe was with me and I don't think he's ever gone through the store so fast.  "OK we're done with aisle 12.  The next one we need is 14."  But by the time I got home I could hardly walk and was crying with the pain in my back and legs.

I did get everything on the list, though, and some things not on the list.  I was still $9 under budget.  So here's what I got.



Lettuce and mushrooms for salads.  Russet potatoes were on sale.  Two sweet potatoes for later this week.  And mango Outshine bars.  I haven't had them for quite awhile.



Joe wanted bran flakes.  We were all out of crackers and dishwasher tabs.



The ever present cat food.  We were getting very low on olive oil and salad dressing.



Frozen veggies were on sale for 99 cents.




Frozen potatoes and onions.  My favorite breakfast is potatoes, onions and eggs.  Having the onions all ready to go makes life easier.



Meat this week was chicken thighs, pork chops and salmon.  I also got hummus and cream cheese.



Pears, apples, onions, Jersey tomatoes and the last of the summer corn.



We were out of napkins.  Spinach and grapes.  I have been eating too much junk and plan on snacking on fruit for this month.  I have to lose this weight.



Sugar and flour.  I was almost out of both.



Eggs were on sale but I also needed them.

We also got a case of water but it's still in the trunk of the car.

Because it was Tuesday, I also got my senior discount -- $6.  Good deal.

And now I have to run and get dressed to take Joe to his doctor's appointment and me to work.  Hope I've given you some ideas for your grocery shopping.  Have a good day everyone!

Kathy





9 comments:

  1. A great haul...my take away this week are the already chopped onions. Who knew?!

    Hope that you are feeling ever so much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made quite a nice haul. I love the potatoes with eggs and green peppers. Yum Yum. Sometimes I buy the frozen diced onions and peppers. It save me lots of time. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate grocery shopping and I am getting to the point I hate cooking...can't wait till I hate eating. LOL. That would really help. haha. I like to have something that are ready to fix. I love one pot meals. I always like to have something to fix in case of company.
    Honey why are your legs hurting you so badly. Is your back out of line? I hate hearing about your pain. Praying for you Kathy. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had problems with my back and legs for the past 35 years since was in a major car accident. There is nothing that can be done. It gets worse each year and is why I retired early. I was told I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 60. I am almost 66 and still walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul! Gave me a few ideas. I usually buy tater tots but I think I'll try the crinkle cut. Haven't had them in quite awhile...I always love your photos of porches. I can see myself curled up with a book & cup of coffee....Praying you feel a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a great buy with those frozen veggies! I hope everything is stocked in our stores when we go! Hope your day is good and you both feel well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That should keep you two supplied for a few days!
    Sorry to hear you were in such pain! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up with you this morning....hope you are feeling better! I overdid the junk yesterday and it will be fruit today for me! Love grapes too. Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I enjoyed looking at these pictures. It made me so nostalgic for New York, my mom and I used to go shopping on the weekend when we lived there in the 60s and 70s. There was such a variety. Here in Sicily there is not much choice so my daughter and I are always looking to see if new products come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.