Saturday, May 18, 2019

THE FOURTH ANNUAL LADIES' BRUNCH


Today was the day -- the Fourth Annual Ladies' Brunch.  I never thought when Genny and I started it four years ago that it would take off the way it did.  

I expected a lot more people to show up today than actually did.  But that was OK. We all had a great time.  The food was wonderful.  Pastor's brother did all the cooking for us.  Except for one salad which Pastor made and the blueberry muffins that I made this morning.


Besides the muffins, we had croissants, chicken salad, egg salad, seafood salad, fruit salad, macaroni salad, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage.  How delicious everything was.




The room was decorated so beautifully.  Lovely roses on the serving table and begonias on each table we sat at.





There were pretty napkins and a menu at each plate.


Here's my plate.  I took a little of everything except for the things I knew I couldn't eat because of food allergies.


After we finished eating we gathered in the sitting area and our speaker, Phyllis Clapier, gave us an inspirational message on encouragement.  I have known Phyllis for about 35 years.  Maybe more.  Her husband used to be our pastor.  I love them both and it was so good to spend time with her.



It was very interactive with many of us having verses to read for her and comments to make to her questions.  What a great topic!  Encouragement:  for our past, present and future.


It is dinner time and I am still full from brunch.  I think I will just make something simple for Joe and snack on something later on if I am hungry.  I brought home 6 of the 24 muffins I made (everyone loved them), and 4 croissants.  Joe is going to be surprised when he gets up from his nap.  And happy.

See you all later.

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. It is wonderful when women gather together. Looks like a fabulous brunch and I am sure that all those who were supposed to be there came. Yup, Joe will enjoy the leftovers. Who wouldn’t?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like attending ladies luncheons with fellowship included. We have one a year at church where ladies are asked to wear hats. I have a blue hat that I wore. They also put at random paper with numbers on that were under plates, and if you got one you won a little prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day , and my gosh what an amazing array of salads! Beautiful muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all went good and the food looked delicious. I know the ladies enjoyed it all and am betting the speaker did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice brunch and teaching for your day. We had a brunch at our house this morning. 3 other couples came and they brought a few other things. Then spent time talking and listening and laughing before everyone left. Always fun getting together once a month. Church activity. One more next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! So pretty! The food looks so yummy,certainly something for everyone. I love hearing about encouragement. Which one of us can't use a little more of that? I try to be an encourager as it brightens my day as well.Glad everyone had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely time! Especially spring-like! I'm sure Phyllis was an excellent speaker too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like your brunch was a hit! The food looks yummy. Everything looks so lovely. I agree, it's always wonderful to get together like this. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun and the food looked great. Now I am hungry! haha. coming to you from Nana Diana Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice when a group of folks get together and have a wonderful time and the food looked delicious too, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 4 years of the, Ladies Brunch! I remember the first one!
    I almost feel like a member of your church!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fabulous brunch and I can't imagine anyone wanting to miss it! I'm glad you enjoyed the speaker and it sounds like a wonderful topic. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice and everything looks so yummy! Love the flowers and the inspiration of a guest speaker. Very nice! I know it's something you'll look forward to every year. You do so much my friend and I know it is appreciated! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.