Sunday, May 5, 2019

THE SUNDAY GARDEN


I am still missing my camera.  I had so many beautiful pictures on it that I can never recapture.  I have looked at everything in the car and all the tote bags/suitcases and nothing.  I have a feeling it fell out of the car at the restaurant.  I didn't see it in the parking lot.  Someone picked it up and kept it.  I hope they listen to the message from last Sunday.

So for right now I am going to use my phone's camera.  It's very good and I am not going to lose my phone.  It's attached to me.  I also have my driver's license, health insurance cards and credit cards in the case so I definitely know where it is at all times.

I took these pictures of the tulips in the yard a couple of weeks ago.  After Joe's favorites, the daffodils, fade away, my favorites, the tulips, show up.





There were also some beautiful white tulips which bloomed later.  They were still on the camera.  But they looked a lot like this Google image.

Image result for white tulips

This week I will cut the grass again and start to clean up the yard a little bit.

My hosta also came back.  After the garden guy last year mowed it down as a "weed" just as it was about to bloom, I was afraid that was it for them.  But they are back this year and I am so happy.



My yard is small, but sometimes I feel as if it is my own private little woods.  There is always something new to see out there.  Sometimes a plant, sometimes an insect, sometimes a bird.  And now we have a cat whom I call "Stash" (short for moustache) living in the corner of our yard.  He's friendly, but scared of us.  I am hoping we can bring him in before the cold weather comes.  He has lived on the street for at least two years.  At least that's how long I've been feeding him.

It's off to church.  Today is Pulpit Exchange Sunday.  Our pastor is in NJ.  One of the pastors from Wallingford, PA is coming to our church.  Another pastor from NJ is going to Wallingford.  It is nice to meet the other pastors.  We are going to try to get over there nice and early to make sure everything is set up.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your hosta survived. While not a fan of tulips,the photos are pretty. Nature always has something to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you lost your camera but the pictues you took with your phone are really good. Enjoy church this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your camera. Maybe you will be blessed and someone will turn it in somewhere! Your plants are looking lovely. There is nothing growing here yet at all. ugh- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulips are beautiful. Some daffodils are finally blooming here, but no tulips yet. Sorry about the camera...some pictures are imprinted on our hearts and minds an not on a device. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plants are looking lovely. I love your hostas. Make sure the garden guy doesn't mow them down again. I invested in a phone with a great camera to use in case I don't have either of my cameras with me. This way I don't often miss a good photo. Hopefully, your camera may still show up. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you check with the restaurant? I hope it shows up someplace. I love my camera and would hate to lose it. Phones do take amazingly great shots don't they? Mine isn't top of the line but it doesn't do a bad job. Hostas are like weeds in a way..they are hard to kill! I love mine and have a lot that I've split and shared with friends. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flowers but oh how sad about your camera...I would be devastated if I lost mine.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday.
    We played hooky from church this weekend. Too much work for Hubby and I at our church conference. I did listen on line though while eating my breakfast...Ah the comforts of home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully, your camera may still show up …

    The photographs you've shared here are lovely to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathy I'm so sorry you lost your camera maybe it'll turn up somewhere. I love those tulip pictures they are amazing. Have you ever been to the tulip festival in Holland MI ? its going on about now. MY aunt lives there and we use to go all the time as kids. So beautiful and something to see. Have a blessed Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.