Sunday, April 7, 2019

THE SUNDAY GARDEN


Hello, friends!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I am leaving for church soon, but I wanted first to show you how pretty my garden is.


There's a lot of clean up work to do.  But I'm happy to see my butterfly and hands dish again.  I have never figured out exactly what to do with the hands, but I still love them.  Anybody have any ideas?  I have thought of water and I have thought of bird seed but both of those things bring mess with it that I would not want on the table I eat off of.


My lilac bush has leaves!  It is still very young and has never bloomed but perhaps this is the year.  Please excuse the mess behind it.  As I said, I have to get out there and clean up.

Here's the daffodils -- Joe's favorite flower.  I have all kinds growing (and more to come).




Little Johnny-Jump-Ups.


And violets growing among the tulip leaves.  I have tons of tulip leaves so I hope that means I'll have tons of tulips.


The winter really did a number on the yard.  Now is the time to get things trimmed back while there is no growth to get in the way.


But in spite of the mess, another little daffodil decided to bloom.


The crab apple tree is in full bloom too.  Thank you to everyone who told me what it was when I asked last year.



Hope you enjoyed the tour.  I love doing these garden Sundays and plan on showing you how things go as the season progresses.






9 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the garden tour and you have some pretty flowers for sure. Hope you have a great day at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely the blossom is so pretty what about putting a succulent plant in the hands, have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lilac is way ahead of ours...tiny leaves just showing here. No flowering trees yet either but some look about ready. Love the daffodils!!
    God bless your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did enjoy the garden tour, beautiful blossoms! We still have snow! No blossoms here at all, beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is springing to life, and all looks so very promising !
    Thank you for sharing !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your blossoms. Mine are just starting. Stems coming up, and soon buds I hope. Don't clean out the garden too soon. There may be bees and such still sleeping in the brush. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hand dish is precious! Perhaps bird seed in it and placed elsewhere where it can be seen and used but not on your picnic table.
    Spring is beautiful! Love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking like Spring! Our growing season is a bit behind yours. No lilac green yet and no leaves on anything. That hand dish is so pretty. Too bad a little flower couldn't be planted in it. I'll look forward to seeing your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A garden is always a work in progress as any homeowner knows. It was nice to see the daffodils blooming in yours, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.