Monday, April 15, 2019

THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start a new week.  I am very busy these days.  It is hard to find time to blog and I might actually have to take a break for awhile.  But right now let me catch you up on what has been going on.

Last Monday Joe spoke at the Nursing Home and he is continuing on with his Easter series today even though Pastor will be there.  He is finishing it up next week when Joe and I will be the only ones who can make it.

The dogwood tree in front of the Nursing Home is so pretty.  I had to get a picture of it.



Ladies Bible Study is going great.  We are taking time off this week to sponsor a special presentation from the dietician at Shoprite.  I was trying to think of a way to introduce new people to the idea of coming to the study.  Hope this works out.  I know I am having some visitors so that is good.

Last Wednesday I saw the dermatologist.  It was a great office and I really liked the doctor and support staff.  He took the growth off of my back, said it wasn't cancer and never would be, but sent it for a biopsy because it was my oncologist that suggested I have it removed.  I go back for a follow up in three months.

The spot he worked on was small but the pain is big.  Every time I move, or if I drive, or if anything touches it, the pain is intense.  I have cried more than once.  Joe has been taking care of it and keeping it clean because I can't reach it on my back.  Since I am allergic to adhesives, the bandaid I had on it has burned my skin off which hasn't helped.  The doctor said as soon as it scabs over the pain will get less and I should be OK in two or three weeks.  Joe says it is starting to get a scab now so that is good news.

On Friday I called and got an appointment to get my hair cut.  I let it grow out over the winter but now it was getting in my way.  I still liked the way it looked, but it was time to get all the dead ends off.  I love Kim and the way she cuts my hair.  I was so glad she had a time open for me.

Here's the before:



And here's the after:



It actually looks better now because Kim always straightens it and I like it wavy.  Once I washed my hair, it waved up.

I also finally got my air fryer up and running.  It only took since Christmas for me to clean off the counter and set it up.  Sometimes I am so slow.  I am sorry I waited so long because I love it.  I have used it only once and I will have to get used to it but it's great.  I made fries one night.  I thought it would be really fast, but it's not.  It is, however, really good without all that oil and fat.  Really good for my new diet.  (And the plus side is that I threw out a lot of things and got my counter cleanned.)



Saturday morning I took Joe to church for the Men's Breakfast.  He gave his testimony this month.  When Joe called to ask me to pick him up he was telling me they had biscuits and gravy and sausage and everything was really good.

In the afternoon we had our Second Saturday Matinee.  The film this month was "The Case for Christ."  It was excellent.  But there were only six people that showed up.  

Yesterday was awesome.  Palm Sunday is always one of my favorite times.  The first hymn was "Make Way, Make Way."  When we sing the chorus, we all wave our palm branches in the air.  So great.  I had four girls in my class and it was one of the best classes ever.  I love teaching young teens.  I hope they come next week even though I miss the sermon when I take them out of the service for their class.

I had to stop at Shoprite on the way to church to get the grape juice for communion.  I hadn't had breakfast so I walked back to the bakery to get some muffins.  I got blueberry muffins which were awesome.  Then I saw that they had bagels on sale.  Big paper bags on a table of all different flavors and plastic bags and papers for you to help yourself.  I got rye, poppyseed and plain for Joe and garlic and two onion for me.  We ate a couple for lunch and they were so good.  They were still warm when I was picking them out.



In fact, I think I'm getting off of here now and getting one of them for breakfast.  I'm hungry.  Have a good day everyone!

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. Love reading about what you and Joe are up to. I had a haircut last week also. Went shorter as well :) Take care through your busy days and stay well.
    Oh....I’m glad you like the air fryer. We have a new Instapot and I’m learning how to use it. One of my daughters uses hers every week....I need to get more comfortable with it which will come from using it!!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one 'busy bee' my friend. Thanks for sharing your life with us and if you need a break, take it...it helps. I am doing that very thing right now. Hope the new week is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy week ahead.. I am trying to grow my hair out.. it takes SO long... I just made white bean and bacon soup in my Vitamix this morning and it took me under 5 minutes to do it. There are just some appliances that make life so much easier.. Hope the week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your doctor appointment turned out well. I'm allergic to the adhesives too. I use telfa pads and paper tape for dressings. Hope your pain goes away soon. Those bagels look so delicious! I've only used my air fryer once too, but I loved it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the appointment went well.must be good to have the biopsies over with. That hairstyle really suits you and I would love to have some waves lol. Your a busy woman but that's a good thing, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Wow you did get a hair cut. Looks summer time ready. :) Get to using that air fryer....so much healthier. Hope your back is doing better . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone gets busy once nice weather arrives as we don't want to be indoors. Hope that your back will be healing up with less pain for you, Kathy. It's always nice to get a hair cut before warmer weather sets in and it's on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new "do"! Can't believe you get it all done with all you do. Those bagels look soooo good. I also love a fresh,soft roll & butter for breakfast. Glad the appointment went well. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your days are filled to the brim dear friend, I'm happy to read you are well, and so is Joe...
    Love your new "do", it will be cool for those hot summer days.
    Blessings to you this Easter !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many of my coworkers have air fryers but I haven't got on that bandwagon yet. I hope you continue to enjoy yours! Nothing like a new hairdo for spring. Looks great! I love Easter and Jack and I have scripture study at night and this week will focus on the last week of the Savior's life. I hope you have a lovely weekend..Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.