Saturday, January 19, 2019

SATURDAY


Hello, friends!  Hope you are in a warm place on this cold night.  Right now it's 38*F (3*C) but by tomorrow night it will be only 8*F (-13*C).  According to AccuWeather it will feel like -15*F (-26*C).  It sounds so much worse in Celsius.  Ha, ha.

I had plans to do so much today and didn't get much of anything done.  I just slept.  I am so tired lately.  I know I say this every post, but it's true.

Joe and I are continuing on with the kitchen clean up.  Yesterday we did the refrigerator door and today we tackled the freezer.  I found hamburgers shoved in the back corner that I didn't know I had.  Yippee!  Another good meal.

Tonight we had pierogis with onions for dinner.  So good.  I have chicken thighs defrosting for dinner tomorrow.  I haven't decided how to do them yet but I'll come up with something.

I made a run to Rite Aid this afternoon before the storm started.  I need cat food and cat treats (the only way we make it through dinner with our little beggar).



I also got Joe and I each a small bag of popcorn.  Today is National Popcorn Day (at least they said that on the news this morning) and I thought we would celebrate.

Image result for utz popcorn

I have the first row of my new blanket finished and the second row started.  I may have to stop for a few days since it is really hurting my hand to crochet.  Knitting is not as painful so I think I will do my 10 minutes a day on the temperature blanket and let the stained glass one sit for awhile.

Joe just headed to bed so he can get up for church tomorrow morning and I think I am going to do the same.  The rain is coming down now, but I expect to see snow tomorrow morning.

Have a good night, everyone.  Hopefully I will be taking some pictures to show you tomorrow.

Kathy




3 comments:

  1. The pierogis sound delicious. Glad your big guy is stocked up on food too. It doesn't sound like the weather will be good on Monday. While I usually don't mind the cold,those single digits deter even me. AND the ice! I doubt there will be a walk for Bella.I am grateful we have a fenced backyard! Stay in & stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayer was answered! Not only did you get rain, but it is also snowing somewhere—here. 🥴

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the snow here in Nashua, NH and also rain - the freezing variety - on Sunday and then the frigid temps which iced over the snow and rain. It was a balmy 22 degrees around noon time today which is better than the 5 degrees on Monday at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.