Monday, January 7, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE


Hello, friends!  Can you believe a week of this new year of 2019 is already over?  I am still watching the 8 hour parade from New Year's Day!  I watch a bit of it each day because who has 8 hours to sit and watch a parade?

I am still cleaning out my magazines and going through them as fast as possible.  I have so many Martha Stewart Living ones and thought I would share the cover of this one with you.  This is from December 2016.  There really aren't any good pages to choose from for this blog so covers are good too.


Do you like bottle brush trees?  Do you have any?  I didn't used to like them, but they are growing on me.  I now have six of them in three different colors.  But... I can't find them!  I know I did not throw them out so they will show up sooner or later.  I like them so much that I leave them out all year and I will show them to you as soon as I find them.  I can't find anything in this house anymore.  *sigh*

On Saturday Joe and I met my brother Larry and sister-in-law Kim to celebrate Larry's and my birthdays.  I am December 29 and Larry is January 3.  We always go out for lunch for our joint birthday celebration.  They still had all of their Christmas decorations up and their house was so pretty.  They actually won third place in their neighborhood contest for outdoor decorations.

I never got pictures of Larry and Kim but I got pictures of the important ones.  Bandit...


… and  Schnitzel.


I got two amaryllis for Christmas.  A pink one from Joe (called Apple Blossom)…


And a red one from Elaine (Ferrari)…



As you can see the one from Joe is a little farther along.  I got it earlier.  I am going to take a picture every Saturday so you can see along with me how they are doing.  Sometimes my amaryllis do well and other times...  Well...  Let's just say they are not as beautiful as one might have hoped.  I'm still waiting for a stem to appear on either one of them.  I really like amaryllis so I am hoping they do well.  It is nice to have a pretty flower in the middle of winter.

The last few days have not had a pretty sunrise.  In fact for the last three days this is what the morning sky looked like.


The sun came out today for a short time during the late morning and I was hopeful but now it is gray and dreary again.  Here's hoping for better weather tomorrow.

And with that I am going to end.  I have so much to do and I'm so tired.  I will try to clean some during the commercials.  I am watching, yes, the end of the Hallmark Christmas movies.  They are still good even in January.  Hope you are all having a good day too.

Until later...

Kathy


10 comments:

  1. I've got a stack of magazines to go to the library to give away. It's hard to keep up with everything! And yes, I love those cute bottle brush trees and used some with my Christmas village. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Bandit is watching TV.
    How do you preserve your Amaryllis? Can you keep them as a houseplant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like bottle brush trees.....I have 2 small white and 1 larger red. Martha always knows what to do in any decorating situation ;-). I saw her on one of the morning shows today; she’s still giving advise!
    Hope you are accomplishing what you wished to today. We just had sleet. It’s cold and ugly out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your two flowers will bloom and look forward to seeing them. I continued to watch the Hallmark Christmas movies too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I was so happy to see snoopy on your blog. hope your flowers bloom nicely for you. I feel like spring can't come soon enough when the skies are so gray as they are today. Blessings to you honey, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. your brother's b-day is the same days as my brother's .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m watching a few bloggers’ amaryllises grow...fascinating flowers and they grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you find your trees! They are cute! I always enjoy your photos, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I thought you meant outdoor bottle brush trees. We have them at the resort where my timeshare is. Gosh, they are so beautiful! I'll have to take some photos of them when I go to Florida in a couple of months. I hope your birthday was simply awesome! You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's good you get together to celebrate.Hi to Bandit & who doesn't fall in love with Schnitzel? I hope you find your trees;they sound so pretty! So, thanks to Elaine,I can say you have a 'Ferrari'? I know,bad pun.Sorry :(
    Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! Love your hymns and the history! We did one I had not heard before "a World Mission Hymn" to the tune of How Great Thpu Art" in hymn class Sunday-we meet before Sunday School. A huge church that uses modern music and few of us go in and enjoy hymns! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.