Tuesday, April 3, 2018

RESURRECTION DAY


I hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Day.  Mine was... different.  I was still hurting pretty badly so decided because it was cold and damp I would not go to Sonrise Service.  I still got up and got ready though.  I told Joe I wasn't going and since he hadn't gotten enough sleep, he went back to bed.

I went over to pick up the two ladies I bring to church.  I told them I would drop them off, go home and come back for the morning service.  We went to the church lot and no one was there.  So I pulled over, parked and we waited.  After a few minutes we saw Pastor walking toward us.  He said that it was too cold and damp to have the service outside and we should pull around to the church because we would have it inside.  So that's what we did.  And when I saw there were only a few people there, I decided to stay.  I was glad I did because it was a beautiful service.  I did take a picture of the church on my phone because -- I STILL CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA.


We had a breakfast at church following the service.  I went home to get Joe and a muffin because I couldn't eat what they had there.  I shouldn't have, though, because when we came back I saw there was sausage and bacon and fruit and pastry and I could eat all of that.  Joe and I are really watching our eating habits, so we had the fruit and not the pastries.  I love sausage, but Joe doesn't so I don't get it a lot.  But I did indulge on Sunday.  The fruit was so fresh and good.

We had a lovely morning worship service.  Our guest speaker was great.  I used Joe's camera to film it and uploaded it to our youtube channel.  The link to it is HERE if you would like to see it.  It's about 30 minutes long.

Sunday afternoon we went to a late lunch/early dinner with our friends Carole and Walt.  We ended up at Cracker Barrel which was their choice.  But we didn't mind because we really like Cracker Barrel.  We went to the one nearest us in New Jersey.  Driving along we noticed all the restaurants along Route 73 and I said to Joe when the weather gets better we really must try some of them.

There were a lot of people at Cracker Barrel when we got there and we had to wait awhile to get seated, but it was fine.  We had to wait awhile to get waited on too.  It was crowded.  By the time we were leaving, it was starting to empty out and we said if we do this again, we are going later.  Joe got the Sunday chicken dinner with baked sweet potato and fried okra.  Carole got catfish with fried apples and mashed potatoes.  Walt got scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and fried apples.  I got one pork chop, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  Everything was wonderful.  We had a gift card, so it cost us $2.14 for dinner.  Not bad.

On the way home the sky started clouding up.  I took a couple of pictures of the sky as we were driving along.



I was looking up because we were right on the flight path for Philadelphia International Airport and the planes were coming in low for their landings.  You could see all the landing gear and the flaps on the wing tips.  I was trying to get a picture of them, but they were too fast.  I love the clouds though.

And yes, they were snow clouds.  We got about an inch of snow yesterday.  It was just on the grass, though, and by the afternoon was all gone.  It's too warm these days for it to last long.  I heard we may have more snow this weekend, though.  It's just a nuisance now.

Yesterday was a down day for me.  I just had to rest from all the running around last week.  Today is another busy day and I have a feeling tomorrow will be a down day too.  Today I begin with Bible Study, then rush home to take Joe to his doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital.  After that we have food shopping to do and then at 5:30 we joined a free class at our new supermarket held by the dietician on diabetes control.  Since Joe has diabetes and I do the shopping and cooking, we thought this was a good idea.  It's going to be held every Tuesday in April.  We will miss the last class since we will be away, but 3 out of 4 is good.  I love this new store!

So now I will get off of here and get ready for my class.  And yes, I am missing all of my study materials from last week.  The entire tote bag is missing.  I had to reprint the hand out items.  I sat down and cried last night.  It's not even that I have tons of things in my living room.  It may be a little messy, but I have moved everything, picked up everything, looked in everything and each day something else turns up missing.  It's so discouraging.  To top it off I'm having muscle spasms and pain in my shoulders, arms, chest, hands and back today.  But with God's help I will get through this and I will find my things.  Please pray for me if you think of it.

Until later...

Kathy



12 comments:

  1. oh Kathy I'm so sorry you having a struggle right now,, don't worry, things will show up,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Could someone be getting into your house? You may want to tie a bright ribbon on your camera, purse, etc. It could help. I think if you cook for Joe's diabetes...it would be good for you to eat the same..as that is simple to cook one meal. I am going to ask my daughter for a list of her diet items..so I can cook what she should eat when she comes visiting. I do not mind . Sending hugs to you my sweet friend, take care of yourself. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. When you find your camera and tote, tie colored ribbons on them to make it easy to spot them whenever you set them down. I even tie a bright ribbon on the handle of my suitcase when I travel. It makes life so much easier.

    You're having a "when it rains it pours" time. Hopefully, it will pass soon. Hang in there kiddo. I think the classes for diabetic foods is a great idea. More supermarkets should offer these classes. You have a super evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now....both physically and emotionally, with losing everything, etc. I will be praying that God heals your body and you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a hug along with my prayers! I lost my car keys several weeks ago....they have to be in the house somewhere but where??? It really is frustrating to lose things you need.
    So glad you were able to attend the sunrise service. I would not have wanted to be outside either.
    We have so many food restrictions for those who live here...can be challenging to cook but we seem to get it done! Wishing you much success and helpful information at your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy I hope you are well when you are reading this. I went to our church's sunrise outdoor service for the first time; it is right at the ocean and lots of people showed up including strangers which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you right now. It is discouraging to misplace things. I do it quite often. Pray about it because that is how I find most lost things. Apparently, The Lord knows I need extra help in that department. Fun an cool how your Easter Sonrise turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of the clouds! Sorry you are feeling so bad. Praying for your healing. You are certainly in a tunnel right now but you WILL come out into the light! I have faith you will find your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those clouds do look like they are full of snow! Wow! Hope you are both feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sad you've misplaced things you need. Did you loss your new camera too? I couldn't find an inhaler yesterday a.m. before I went to work. Later found it in my purse as I'd had it in my hand with my phone and put both in there. Being in pain doesn't help. Praying you're feeling better now. I want to go to Cracker Barrel too as there's one 20 min from our house. Always busy on Sunday what I hear! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those clouds look like they may have snow in them. Easter Sunday night we go heavy snow. It was the most beautiful snow we have had in years. By Monday night it was gone. Your sanctuary looks beautiful for Resurrection Sunday. I didn't get to go since I am still trying to walk. Alan went and was the narrator for the cantata for both services. I felt so badly that I couldn't be there. blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank for your very good article! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.