Thursday, April 12, 2018

CLOSING OUT MARCH, WELCOME APRIL


Still catching up here.  So goodbye, March!  Let's catch up on what went on in my month without a camera.  I did pretty good using my little flip phone though.  I didn't realize what great pictures it took.  But I used up a lot of my minutes transferring them to my email.

We began the month with a blizzard and high winds which left a lot of people with no electricity for days (including my sister and my brother and sis-in-law).  The storm also left a lot of destruction in its path.

Little Hadley turned seven months old on the fifth.


I lost my good friend, Dottie, this month.  She lived a good long time but it's never easy to say goodbye.  Her memorial service was beautiful.

And then there was snow.  Lots more snow.  It seemed to storm every other day this month.

Joe and I met up with a friend of his from high school for dinner one night.  It was lots of fun.

The new Shoprite supermarket opened in March.  I am still loving it.  Every time I go there it is better and better.  Look for a post on it coming soon.

I got a new camera and absolutely loved it -- until I lost it.  Still hasn't shown up.  I know it is someplace simple, but I just haven't found it.  But I will.  I love it because it has all kinds of special effects.  Hope I find it before I go away.

With all the snow a lot of the birds were having trouble finding food.  We have kept the bird feeder full and so have seen many birds in the yard including one that all my good blog friends helped me to identify as a finch.  Thank you, everyone, for your help.  I have never seen a finch around here and I've been here for 38 years!

I helped to decorate the church for both Palm Sunday and Easter.  It looked beautiful for Holy Week.  Celebrating Easter is my favorite part of the entire year.  Except this year I threw out my back and ended up in bed for most of the week.  I'm so glad it is finally back to normal.  Fortunately this doesn't happen to me very often.

And that's about it for our snowy month.  Did I mention we had lots of snow?  I am so looking forward to this weekend when the temperature is supposed to go up to around 80*F (27*C).  I'll enjoy even one day of it.

Here is the Breathtaking View for April.


Virginia Bluebells along the Potomac Heritage Trail in Virginia.  Doesn't this look like a nice place to hike?  In my younger days I did a lot of hiking and walking.

And here are the two calendar pages for April:


Take only memories.  Leave only footprints.

And the Peanuts calendar.  I am really enjoying this one.


I'll be seeing you tomorrow.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. It is always good to catch up with a friend. Sure hope you can find that new camera soon. I know you did have lots of snow, so the warm temp headed your way will be extra good....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to visit and I simply love the Snoopy quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Heritage Trail photo! I'm not sure about hiking,but I would walk it,wouldn't want to miss seeing anything. The beauty of nature should be savored...Looking forward to some nicer weather. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to keep up...and catch up. But you know what they say about it being a small world? I lost my good friend, Dottie this month. What a beautiful lady she was and I will miss her and know you will miss your friend too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos. I love the photo of the Heritage Trail. Nature is simply awesome! I, too, hope you find your new camera before you leave on your trip. I lose things easily too. So I have a regime that helps me to find some thngs. I always set my camera, my purse, my keys, etc in the same place. It becomes a habit, and a good one. At least I don't lose these things. Unless of course, I set them down somewhere else. hahaha.

    March certainly had its share of wicked weather. Here's hoping it's on the way out now. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your phone does take good photos! Sure hope your new camera turns up soon! Sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Always sad and hard on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy month for you! As always Snoopy and Charlie Brown are favorites of mine. Megan couldn't find her bible study book the other day. She had it in her bedroom. Where was it? In a box....look inside something. I hope you find new camera soon as well and your back gets better soon too!!! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.