Friday, November 25, 2016

THANKSGIVING



I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Joe and I spent the day at my sister's house.  She always makes a good meal.  But more importantly is just being together with family and friends.

Now don't faint anyone, but Joe and I actually left on time and weren't the last ones showing up.  I know that is hard to believe, but it's true!  We actually had a good drive up.  There wasn't much traffic at all.  We did it in a little under 2 hours which is a record.

We always like pulling into the driveway and seeing Elaine's house all decorated for the season.


There is always a table with snacks before dinner.  Here is Joe helping himself to celery filled with creamed cheese.  There were also rainbow carrots and dip, grapes, pickled cauliflower and cucumbers, shrimp cocktail, small candies, M&Ms and cashews.
 

I loved this arrangement Elaine had on the inside of her front door.  So pretty.


Cody always hangs around when people are at the table hoping for a handout.  And yes, he gets them.


Here's Rich, my friend Marion's husband, as he arrived.  My brother Larry has a new camera so he's totally engrossed.  I don't blame him!


 My sister Elaine taking a break from her cooking.


Larry has a seasonal hat.  Yes, it's a turkey.  No, really it is!


Here's a better looking turkey.  He's made of velvet.  Isn't he beautiful?


The turkey was beautiful.  Perfectly cooked.


Even the refrigerator is decorated.
 
The table all set just waiting for the food.


Joe talking to my sister-in-law's mom, Marilyn.
 

The entire house was decorated so beautifully for Thanksgiving -- until you went into the bathroom.  Then the season changed and you were in Christmas Land.  It was great!  Elaine said she is working so much that she decorates where and when she can.  I loved it!




Back to Thanksgiving.  I loved her little ceramic pumpkin.  I'm going to miss all the fall stuff when it comes down this weekend.
 

Larry's famous pose.  He does this every Thanksgiving.  It's become a tradition.
 

 My friend, Marion and Joe having a conversation.  Elaine's friend, Frank, is in the background.


We finally all got to the table for a very delicious meal.  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry orange bread (which I made), cranberry sauce, green bean almondine and iced tea.
 




More decorations.
 

After a break it was time for dessert.  Pumpkin and apple pies.  And a birthday cake since it was Rich's birthday.
 







While the photographers were taking pictures of Rich blowing out the candles, I was taking a picture of the photographers.  Paparazzi!
 

We left Elaine's house about 4:30 p.m. and got home about 6:45 p.m.  The roads were bad (it was raining) and the traffic was heavier.

It was a great day and I hope you enjoyed coming along with me.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. The decorations look lovely! Cody is one smart dog.Never know when some kind soul will drop a morsel...Such a fun day! Looks like all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time. Except for the drive. I hate driving in the dark in the rain.

      Delete
  2. How I enjoyed your sharing this beautiful occasion, and even more beautiful family! What a treat to be along for the trip, when it's such a lovely moment in your life.

    We haven't "had" ours yet---that will be tomorrow, for we're very flexible with holidays around everyone's work and other parts of the family to go to for the day. Chris and I had a quiet little dinner at Cracker Barrel, with all the usual trimmings, and then Sweetpea came here for the night and day so her Mommy could be at the SALES at 6 a.m. She and her Ganner are off on a Waffle-House and Flea Market adventure. They both LOVE those.

    So I'm getting together our small festivities for tomorrow, and wish you a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend!!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along, Rachel. I hope you have a good time at your belated dinner. We are flexible with holidays too.

      Delete
  3. Sure looks like you had a wonderful day - good food and good people. That's what "it's" all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, Terri. Thanks for coming along with me.

      Delete
  4. I did enjoy going with you! Your sister is a wonderful hostess. What a lot of folks gathered around her welcoming table and a birthday boy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We celebrate Rich's birthday each year. The only Thanksgiving table I know that has pumpkin pie and birthday cake. Yes, Elaine is a wonderful hostess. Always. I'll tell her you said so.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the Thanksgiving recap! It was a wonderful time spent with family and friends. And of course great food too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.