Tuesday, November 22, 2016

TUESDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING -- BOY WAS I BUSY!


Just another two days until Thanksgiving.  It hardly seems possible.  The time is just racing by.  I remember last year this time looking forward to retirement and thinking that this year I wouldn't have to ask for time off and that I would have so much time to do everything for Thanksgiving.  Yeah, right!  It seems the more time I have, the more there is to do!

I got very little sleep last night.  So I was very tired this morning as I got up to go to Bible Study.  I know it was not the best lesson I've ever taught because I was beat but I know I got the point of the lesson across so that is good.  Hopefully next week will be better.  There are two more lessons and then we will have a lunch together the following week.  We always take a break for the winter and so we will pick up again in the Spring.  Much as I love teaching it is good to not have that responsibility during the holidays and the cold winter months.  I always come back refreshed. 

After the study Debbie and I went to the library to return some books.  I knew if I went in I would end up talking to everyone and we had things to do so Debbie took my books in with hers and then came back.

We wanted to get something to eat and then go food shopping so decided to just go to Shop Rite.  They have a little cafeteria where we were going to get a sandwich and then go on with our shopping.  But...  again there was no parking.  We drove around and around.  Finally I gave up and we went to Target.

The first thing I did was look in the dollar spot.  I love that area.  And I found a lot of good buys.  Most of which I can't show you because they are Christmas gifts.  I did get some beautiful gift bags (2/$1), little boxes for gift cards (3/$1) and a pair of reindeer print socks for me.  I also got a mug for a friend that is white with a gray handle and wearing a gray and white sweater.  I will take a picture of it and show it to you tomorrow.  So cute.  I might go back and get a couple for me and Joe.  I also got a pretty plaid runner for the coffee table.  I will take a picture of what I can show you and post it tomorrow.

After we checked out we went to the little pizza place that Target has.  It was nice to just sit there and have lunch.  We still had to go food shopping, though.

So we headed back to Shop Rite and this time found a parking spot.  Tough crowd today.  Everyone was trying to get stuff for Thursday.  I just wanted a few things for the week.  Of course I got more than was on the list, but we got done quickly and I am sure we won't need anything for the rest of the month.  While I was there I met one of my favorite customers from the library and was able to talk to him for a few minutes.  It's so nice to see the ones I really like.

I was surprised when I got home to see it was after 3:30 p.m.  Wow!  I had no idea that I would be out for most of the day.  But it was really productive.  It is such a relief to have so much done.  I was even able to take a nap before dinner.  And boy did I need it!

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for and been concerned for Joe's health.  He is so much better.  I think it is finally over for both of us.  Just in time for Thanksgiving.

I am getting off of the computer and get some sleep.  I hope you all have a good night.  Remember only 33 more days till Christmas!


Kathy


Sunrise:  6:54 a.m.
Sunset:  4:39 p.m.
9 hours and 45 minutes of daylight
Temperature:  48*/35* 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got back to the store and got your shopping done. I rarely go to Target but am now wondering about that dollar area. May have to go check it out. Target is in a part of town we don't go very often, so it's kind of off my radar. So glad to hear you are both feeling better!! Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if your plaid runner is like the plaid napkins I just got in that section at Target :)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that I was having so much fun,I didn't realize we'd been that busy! I also took a small nap. One day we'll just go & do lunch. That put such a calm in my day!
    Wishing you & yours a happy & safe Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.