Saturday, November 26, 2016

THE DAY AFTER


Thanksgiving shouldn't be limited to one day.  Or so I feel.  We should be grateful every day for all of our blessings.  And I was very grateful for a place to lay my head last night.

It was a long day for Joe and me going back and forth to my sister's house.  Even though we had a great time, we were very tired by the time we got home.  Joe went right to bed and I laid down for what I thought would be just a short time.  When I opened my eyes it was morning.  I didn't even take my medicine!  I knew it was too late for the evening dosage, so thought I would get up and take my morning meds.  I have to wait an hour after I take them until I can eat.  I wrote my blog post and then my eyes started closing.  I laid down on the sofa and went back to sleep.  In all I slept 14 hours!  Who does that?  I must have been exhausted.  And I'm still tired.

So I really have nothing to tell you about today.  Instead I will show you a few more pictures from yesterday that I have borrowed from my sister and my friend.  Hope you enjoy them.

Here I am!


My brother, Larry in his turkey hat and giving his famous "when do we eat?" pose.
 

The guys.
 

Me, Joe and my sister-in-law, Kim.
 

Larry without his hat.  Much better.
 


My sister, Elaine.  The hostess extraordinaire.
 

Just before eating.
 

Elaine made an apple pie that used cinnamon rolls as the crust.  I thought it sounded good but I was too full to eat it for dessert.  I took a piece home and while I was sleeping Joe ate it.  So I still don't know how it tasted.  It looked good.
 

And here is a good picture of Rich's birthday cake.
 

I think Thanksgiving is finally done now.  Tomorrow will start Christmas decorating.  I'll be sure to take you along as I go.

Kathy

Sunrise:  6:57 a.m.
Sunset:  4:38 p.m.
9 hours and 41 minutes of daylight
Temperature:  53*/45* 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos! It makes me feel as though I was there. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He ate it?! Good heavens! You can't even get caught up on your rest without him swooping in and eating your pie...ha! Sounds like something I'd do. I am in the process of putting up Christmas after dismantling autumn. It's a longer process than I remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time your name on something that is yours to eat. That's the rule in our house. Teehee! Glad you had a good time with family even though you were tired. I was tired from having a cold. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos and looks like you had a great day! I've heard about making a pie with the cinnamon rolls for the crust. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.