Thursday, July 14, 2016

BACK TO THE DOCTOR

Yesterday I took Joe back to the doctor.  Not only was it a follow-up, but he had two other things to talk to her about.  Everything went well and he now has four new medications to take.

He wasn't feeling well so I took the prescription to the pharmacy for him, dropped him off and then went to Shop Rite to get a few things we needed.  I now have everything I need for dinner through next Friday.  I just started making up menus for the week and it is really helping me to know what I need to buy.

I saw on my National Days calendar that yesterday was National Chocolate with Almonds Day.  I was having fun with that on my facebook page and people were commenting what candy bar they would like to eat.  I really wanted a candy bar but I am trying so hard to be good.  So instead when I was shopping I decided to try a Chobani Almond Coco Loco yogurt.  It has coconut flavored yogurt with chocolate chips and almonds to put on top.


I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it was delicious!  I had it for lunch along with a lactase pill so that I wouldn't get sick on the dairy.  I am definitely getting it again.  And only 240 calories for lunch.

I wore one of my favorite pieces of jewelry that Joe gave me.  I love butterflies and he buys me a lot of them.


But what I love most about this piece is it's also a watch.  I don't have to wear it on my wrist.


Isn't that so cute and unusual?  I wear it quite a bit when I am going out.

I worked some more on my oven door tonight.  I think one more session and it will be done.  I wish my arthritis would let me finish it all at once, but at least it is getting done.  What is finished looks like a new oven.  I will NEVER let it get that bad again.

I wanted to do so much more, but didn't get there.  In fact I fell asleep on the sofa and never got my wash hung or dishes run in the dishwasher.  So I think I will start my day now and get those things done.

Until later...


Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Happy to hear Joe has new meds that will help him.I will still pray for him. Yogurt sounds delicious.I LOVE the 'Good morning'picture! It is so peaceful. I can imagine sitting with some tea....relaxing...
    Have a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please continue to pray. He has a long way to go. The yogurt was wonderful If you like yogurt you will love this.

      Delete
  2. Question: What is Shop Rite?
    You get the most fun things there, plus food? Is it like a Walmart?
    Hope Joe is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shop Rite is a grocery store. Like an Albertson's out your way. I've email you a response because it's too much to write here.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy! Hope these new meds will be just what Joe needs. Oh, my! You mentioned Shop Rite and that is where I fell and broke my knee cap in their parking lot! I used to plan my meals is it really is a good thing to do but I don't do it any more. Love your sweet pieces of jewelry! Hope your arthritis gets better and thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I will be super careful to not fall in their parking lot. I just started planning my meals. I don't know how long that will last, but for right now it's making my life easier.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.