Monday, February 1, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #16

Because of Marianne's illness she is out of work for long periods of time.  The kids really miss her when she is gone.  Here's an example.

May 12
First day back at work, and I am beat! This afternoon, a group of 5 of our Muslim boys, usually very, um, energetic, were even more so. I didn't know what got in to them. Every time I asked, they just became even more giddy, joking around with me, playing hide and seek, touching my stuff. They were swarming like yellow jackets in September! Finally, a 4th grade girl said, "Ms. B, do you know that the whole time you were out sick, it was QUIET in here? No one misbehaved. No one was bad. Now, that you're back, look at them! You know what I think? I think they are very excited!" 

I responded, "Excited, why? I just asked them why they are like this." 

"Ms. B, they're excited you're back!" 

The boys just grinned and looked down at their hands. I said to them very gently, "Guys, I missed you, too!"

1 comment:

  1. This really made me smile. We each have our own way of showing our emotions. Let's share a smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.