Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SISTERS' WEEK DAY NINE (SUNDAY) -- THE END OF THE WEEK

It was awfully hard to get up for church on Sunday.  I was so tired from all I had done all week and the long drive home on Saturday.  So we decided to skip the Coffee Hour before church and just show up for the service.  So that's what we did.

Our church has gotten rid of the wooden pews and put in padded chairs instead.  They are very pretty and very comfy -- if you don't have a bad back.  I tried to sit on one and after a few minutes had an excruciating pain run from my back around my side to my chest and a pain run from my lower back to my neck.  This was not going to work.  Knowing that this might be the case I had made a plea to keep one pew, which they did and put it across the back wall of the church.  I got up and moved to that.  After a few minutes the pain subsided and I was able to stay for the service.  I don't know what to do about this situation.  I would really like to sit with my friends for the service, but...

There was an Elders Meeting after church so I had to wait around for Joe with the other Elders' wives.  Caity who is Miss A's grandma and mother-in-law to the pastor was playing with the baby.  She is almost seven months old now and cute as a button.  I was tickling her feet and telling her I loved her "piggies".  (You can see the new chairs in this picture.)



After the meeting Bud and Karen and Joe and I went to the Country Club for lunch.  I was very good and ate an Asian Salad.  I am determined to eat healthier and lose weight.  Even if I can't lose weight it certainly will help me to eat healthier.

So that was the last hurrah of the vacation week.  Now it's back to work and real life.  It has been incredibly busy.  I know I'm back.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Good for you in making the right choice to eat well. I am trying to do the same thing! Forget the scales and weight......just be healthy! That looks different for all of us but it is the right thing to do. LOVED your 'Sisters Week!' Wish I could do one with my sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Linda. Each of us has a different 'healthy'. I applaud you finding yours. It may sound odd,but I don't care for chairs.At restaurants we opt for a booth.It's just me. It was fun sharing Sisters Week
    with you & Elaine. You really covered a lot!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for comments this morning. I hope we can become friends here. I am also a Christian and love my Lord. Gaining and losing weight seems to be my life. Right now I am trying to lose to a certain weight and it is a struggle. So, take your time, eat healthy as you mentioned, and it will work. I dont think I would like the chairs over pews either, but they are being used in lots of churches this day and time. Have a good Wed. ..... Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I know back pain. I have problems every now and then.. I work at trying to sit up straighter. I squirm too much, at times. Just trying to get comfortable. Glad you and your sister had a fun filled week. Its' good you do that together. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful week. I know it was tiring but so worth it! Cute photos and fun times! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. My church has the pews and yea they do hurt after a while...
    what a sweet baby.. They grow fast....:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.