Saturday, July 25, 2020

A POST ABOUT NOTHING



Hello, friends.  Do you feel as I do that absolutely nothing is happening?  How do you write a blog post about nothing?  Well, I'm going to try.

It's not that I have nothing to do.  Each day is full to the brim with laundry, housework, gardening, running errands, etc. but nothing blog worthy.  Next week will be better when I have my Sisters Get-away.  But for now...

I cleaned my kitchen table.  Now I have to work on the chairs.


I took a picture off of the TV of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge because I thought it was pretty.


This was the day of our massive rain storm so the picture looks all gray.  It could almost be a black and white picture.  I live around the bend of the river toward the top right of the picture.  Only four blocks from the river.  Oh how I love the Delaware River.  I was going to go to the park and take pictures of the river but with the Covid-19 restrictions, I can't.

Yesterday I had to run to Rite Aid for food.  I just did not feel like standing in line at Shoprite.  I got bread, eggs, milk, olive oil and cat food.  All right, I got a few extras too like a bag of no salt chips for me and two candy bars for Joe.  It was just barely drizzling when I left the house and I figured I would be back in 15 minutes or so.  It turns out that an electric transformer blew on the street where I was going to turn to go home.  So I ended up doing a huge detour around the area and was gone for almost 45 minutes.  During this time the rain started and it was a downpour!  It was so bad that I could barely see the road even with the car's windshield wipers going full blast.  I was so glad to get home.  Even so I had to park a few houses away and got soaked walking to the house with my four bags of groceries.  Of course after I dried myself off and put the things away it stopped raining and the sun came out.

I've been reading a lot.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I will be having a "What I'm Reading" post soon.  I was thinking of doing it vlog style and giving you a video instead of writing it out.  Which would you prefer?  I can do it either way and was just wondering what would be more interesting to you.

And now I will finish putting out the trash and recycling.  Not that it matters much since our trash pickup is running 3-5 days late.  Lots of people are blaming the trashmen, but I don't.  It's been very hot, there are over 100 out sick with Covid-19, and there is more trash since everyone is home these days.  I feel sorry for them.  And all the people who are complaining should try to do their job for just one day.  End of rant.

I hope you all have a good day.  Tomorrow's post will be more interesting since we are heading to Northern New Jersey to celebrate Elaine's birthday!

Until later...
Kathy


10 comments:

  1. Kathy, I know that if you had sat in the car till the rain stopped , it would have rained all day. :):) That is how it goes. Yes, honey, I think there's always some dang housework or sorting that needs done...we can always find something to do. But hey it's so boring. LOL. Blessings to you and Joe, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day with the rain would be like one of my days. The sun comes out after I get drenched carrying everything home. Nice to know I'm not alone. I agree, folks should try to be more understanding about other folks' jobs and their difficulties. Enjoy the birthday celebration, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - you are such a kind soul to have empathy and understanding for the trashmen. They have an important job and this pandemic makes it really hard. We have heard about the trash situation in Philly even out here in Utah. I love the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and even Philadelphia downpours. I've been through a few of those. I will enjoy hearing about your sister getaway and also what you are reading. I totally get that it is hard to come up with things to blog about. I took feel like I say the same things in every post. Have a good weekend and a safe trip to New Jersey. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Karhy! Glad you were able to get home safely in that pouring rain! Of course the sun came out as soon as you got home and dry. That is a lovely image of the bridge.

    I think a vlog is exciting! What a fun idea! :)

    Have lots of fun celebrating Elaine's birthday this weekend!

    Safe travels... Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels so good to have time to clean and sort. We took a load of things to donate TWICE this week. I'm going to give myself time off for good behavior! heehee! Love that photo of the bridge. Take care and enjoy your weekend. I'm anxious to hear about the books you've read. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sticking-up for the garbage collectors. We all need each other in society, and they are truly 'Essential Workers.' I read once that in ancient times human health improved greatly, not because of medicine, but because of vermin extinction due to garbage disposal. Anyway, I always find your posts interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that does sound rough for the sanitation workers, but trash in the streets waiting in the hot sun...ugh. Hope they get well quickly. Are you able to take your own trash (as I do) to the transfer station? I usually prefer to read, but a vlog is always good, too. Whatever you decide, I'll be reading or watching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like your area of the country is in more of a lock down than Seattle right now. All of our parks and beaches are open, restaurants are open, department stores... we just have to wear a mask everywhere.

    Doesn't it seem to go that way with the trip to the store. We make the best plans but mother nature doesn't always follow orders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you about the raIn. I have the same thing happen when I walk the dogs. I'll be out & partway home then down it comes! I wait,it eases up,take out the second dog & here it starts again! Sheesh! Love the photo of the bridge!
    Enjoy your getaway! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually get caught in the rain walking into work. We have to park in the employee lot which is 1/4 mile from the hospital so I have an umbrella in the car and in my locker. However, it's been pretty dry here in Ohio and I would even welcome a drenching for some rain on my yard! Love the bridge picture. I retire this Friday and hope to go through and sort, clean out closets, and get more organized with my extra time. I'll look forward to your reading list. I've been reading more this summer and I'm always on the lookout for a good new book. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.