Wednesday, June 3, 2020

WELCOME TO JUNE



Please forgive me for not posting this sooner.  What a strange world we are living in these days.  Not only is there a pandemic, but now a lot of rioting and looting in Philadelphia.  Some of it just blocks from my home.  This is the first night I haven't heard explosions and police sirens.  We had a bad thunderstorm earlier and maybe that has kept people away.  The peaceful demonstrations are one thing.  The looting and destruction is another.

But enough of that.  Let's take a look back at May.

I've been food shopping only once a month.  And I have been saving money that way.  But this month I had to go twice.  And it's a good thing I did go the second time because it was the day before a lot of our stores got shut down to save them from the rioters.

I showed you pictures from 1986 when the torch from the Statue of Liberty visited Philadelphia.  I still remember that day and seeing it.


I showed you the shawl I am knitting.  I call it the COVID shawl since I began it at the beginning of the lock down and am almost finished it as things are starting to open up.  It gave me something to do for 12 weeks.


We celebrated Joe's birthday.  A nice one in spite of not being able to go out.


And Memorial Day was a strange one without a parade.  But still a good day.



We even got burgers from East Coast Wings and Grill.  They are closed again now, but we sure enjoyed this treat.


We found our joy where we could.  I hope and pray that things will settle down and we will get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Let's turn the calendar page to June.  This month we are looking at Rocks National Lakeshore, Lake Superior, Michigan.


Thank you for all of your comments.  I will be answering your questions as soon as I can.  I am looking forward to a good June.  We need a good month.

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful rock formation in Lake Superior. I grew up in our family home on the cliffs on the Lake Michigan lakeshore. I hope the violent protests and looting stop, that is criminal activity and leads to nothing good. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot of the 'Rocks'.Can just imagine being on a boat going through there. That storm was something! Here then gone but the rain & winds!
    Russ & I are also taking our joys where we can. I think I miss my volunteer friends the most. Miss the interaction & the animas....However walking my dogs I've met a few other walkers I've not seen. New people! Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's a good month too my friend. What a hard time we've had but I'm glad we've had our blogs to share our lives and friendship. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we're all praying and hoping for cooler hearts and minds to prevail. I am sorry that this has come nigh you.

    Your covid shawl is so lovely.

    Wonderful that you still celebrated a birthday. That cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful rock formation. Put your shawl on and then take a photo. Will be nice to see it on you. Here's hoping for a good month for all of us. Hugs, Edna B,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy - well May was quite a month, wasn't it. I have been thinking about you and Joe with all the reports of rioting and looting. I love Philly it makes me so sad to hear about what is going on there and in other places. We had one night of rioting here in Salt Lake City, but then more nights of peaceful protest, which like you, I feel is fine and justified. You and Joe stay safe. I loved your May posts and will look forward to more in June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you had to be so close to the rioting. Here in Lancaster it's been mostly peaceful protest. May has been quite a month, hasn't it? As of today we, as your city, are moving into the next stage of reopening....although it doesn't seem like much of a change. Hoping June is much kinder to all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.