Sunday, June 14, 2020

FLAG DAY


Hello, friends!  Happy Sunday and Happy Flag Day.  This is a holiday that has fallen by the wayside it seems.  A lot of people don't know about or celebrate Flag Day.  I have put my flags in my flower pot outside to celebrate.




This is an interesting site I found explaining all about this special day.  https://www.history.com/news/what-is-flag-day

On Thursday I was ready to go out and work in my garden.


But when I looked out, it was pouring.  So much for that idea.  But my plants were looking good!



So instead, I made apple cinnamon muffins.


But I didn't hear the bell go off and they were in the oven too long.  Not quite burned, but rather... uh... brown.  Oh, well.  They are still edible and rather good.


Later that afternoon Joe asked me to take him to Rite Aid.  I couldn't find parking in the handicapped section, so I dropped him off and went to park in the farthest corner from the store.  I saw him come out of the store and look around because he didn't see me.  So I backed up the car around the side of the building and went over to get him.  But when I did, I saw he was laying on the ground with his packages around him and an older lady standing over him asking if he was OK.  I stopped the car and went running over to him.  He had tripped on the step coming out of the building.  The lady and I got him into the car and I brought him home.  Thank the Lord there are no broken bones, but he has skinned his knee and there are abrasions on his elbow.  His hand was cut too, but that seems OK now.  His knee, however, is really bad.  And of course now the bruises are coming out.  Please pray for Joe if you think of it.

On Friday Donna and I went food shopping.  What a haul we both got!  I will show you what I got later this week.  A lot of the money I spent was on trash bags, paper towels, etc.  But it was a big one.  I had a really hard time with it because my feet are so swollen and hurt a lot!  I took my time putting the food away.  

So yesterday was a day where I did a lot of nothing.  Sometimes you just need a day like that.  I was exhausted from the shopping and so was Donna.  She took the day to rest also.

Now it is off to get ready for church.  Hope you a have a good day.

Kathy


10 comments:

  1. I hope Joe is ok. Of course we'll pray for Joe. Just taking a fall like that
    can shake anybody up let alone be hurt. Sorry to hear about your feet.I agree with taking a 'do nothing" day. You need to take care of yourself.Can't wait to see the haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting You and Joe will have a restful week and both feel much better soon. Have a good Lord’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Joe. Goodness what a thing to have happen. I'm glad that you had a kind stranger there to help.

    Are you able to take Turmeric for swelling, Kathy? I don't think I could do so well without it.

    Those muffins look mighty good to me. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend who was born on flag day. She was in the U.S. Coast Guard in WWII. She's the lady that encouraged me to go into the military. I have a little flag out already. May put a few put later after ⛪ . Sorry to read that Joe fell. Praying he's feeling better. It's been weird weather here. Mid Sat afternoon it rained hard for a few minutes. Around 630 pm there was a funnel cloud that had debris flying around ..was not sure if it's actually touched down, near Portland. Another one close to Bend a few weeks ago when we had a thunderstorm that a.m. Not something that usually happens in Oregon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I hope Joe is okay. Falls can be very dangerous when we get older. If his knee doesn't get better soon, have him get it checked. Your plants are coming along nicely. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure hope Joe is going to be ok. Falls are dangerous even if the bruises are small. I always fear a broken hip or something similar. I will say a prayer for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put my flags out. I will post a little later. So sorry to hear about Joe. I hope he is OK. When I fell at the first part of March, I broke my hand. Not fun. I am glad that Joe didn't have any broken bones. Have a good week and rest and feel better. I am glad your plants are looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Joe is OK and heals quickly. Doesn't take a lot to take a fall, especially if you have packages and don't see the curb. Go glad nothing was broke! We've had nice cool weather but I haven't had time to bake. Your muffins look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I hope Joe is ok. How scary for him and you!! I have some small flags in flowerpots but should replace them with new.
    It's a beautiful day today, hopefully you can get out to enjoy it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh NO! Joe fell again! I'm so sorry, poor guy! Praying for a quick recovery!
    Taking a day off is important for you. I"m finding I really enjoy time off.

    I have always celebrated Flag Day. It's easy to do, put out a flag.🏴 You can even say the Pledge of Allegiance.🏴 Why not?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.