Wednesday, June 10, 2020

WHAT I'M READING -- MARY'S BUGGY RIDE (2020/3)


Hello, friends.  Welcome to Wednesday.  Another week is halfway over and the time continues to fly by.  Are you all as hot as I am?  It has been sizzling here.  And that's the word our weather people are using.  It will be warm for a few more days.  But this afternoon we are predicted to have heavy showers so I am sure that will cool it off a bit.

On Monday Joe had to go to Lowes and while we were there I bought two tomato plants and three marigolds.  There were no carts so that is all I could carry.  And with my arms full, I couldn't use my cane.  So I was hurting a lot by the time I got to the check out.  I went to the car and waited there for Joe.  When we got home, Joe saw one of our neighbor's car lights were on.  So he went to the house to tell him.  I got things out to take them into the house and ended up dropping the plants and breaking one of the tomatoes and one of the marigolds.  I babied them by taping them together with washi tape, but I don't know if they will make it.  I'm going to try, though.  I have to get out and plant them today before the rain.  So that's what's going on with me.  Now let me tell you about the latest book.

MARY'S BUGGY (A FAIRFIELD AMISH ROMANCE #4) by Elanor Miller (2015)


Here is Amazon's summary of the book:
Mary has struggled with failed relationships and worries that she will never find the one God has planned for her.  When she finds herself in unexpected trouble, she has no one to turn to until God sends an unlikely hero.

Teddy finds himself alone with an uncertain future.  With nowhere else to turn, he becomes a caretaker for an Amish widower.

With the help of new-found friends, anything is possible, even love.  And it all starts with a buggy ride.

This book is a sweet, clean, Amish romance novella.  It is a complete story, but it is also part of the Fairfield Amish Romance series.  Be sure to read them all, in any order!

This was a free book that Amazon offers for the Kindle every now and then to get you to order others.  Free is always attractive to me.  And so are the Amish books.  So I ordered it even though I had never heard of the author.  I have had it for quite awhile, but just now got around to reading it.  I was disappointed in it.  So predictable.  Not much of a plot.  Yes, it was a sweet, clean, Amish romance but I knew from the middle of the first chapter what was going to happen.  And it did.  Also, I thought the way the two of them got together would never happen in real life.  It just wasn't plausible.  So even though it was a decent story, I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it.

You will be surprised with the next book I read because it was by the same author.  I'll tell you about that next week.

Hope you all have a great day.  My plans are to work some in the yard and clean the house.  The two never ending jobs I have.  See you all soon.

Kathy





6 comments:

  1. I agree about the heat.Ugh! Sorry about your plants. Hopefully they will
    recover & do well. If it had been coleus,there'd be no doubt.They are hardy!
    Stay cool & hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read so much more in the summer. I love those warm nights on the patio with my kindle. As usual, I'm late to the game. I'm just now reading Where the Crawdad Sings.

    I'm afraid that we've become so accustomed to staying home, I don't want to go out as often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy reading is about all that I could handle these days. 📚 If your plants do well with washi tape, please tell us! When things like that happen here, I just clip them back and they rebound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can get your plants in the ground. I have lots of little green tomatoes on the plants in my container garden. I also have some peas almost ready to harvest. I have a lot of Amish books and used to read them all the time. I do like that they are very clean and don't have any violence or bad language. They tend to be uplifting which is good, but the plots are all very similar and they can get boring and old. I hope the next one you read is a little better. I finished listening to Joe's sermon last night. It is from 2017 and is about the parables. It was so good and uplifting. I learned a lot. Joe is a very good preacher. I would like to listen to more of his sermons if I can find them on youtube. I hope you get a cool down from your rain. We have had several days of very cool summer temperatures and rain, but it is going to warm up again starting today. Have a good day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once your plants go in the ground, I'm sure they will be fine. I'll be looking for some photos of their progress. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your tomato plant will survive. I need to get my two tomato plants in the ground tomorrow for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.