Monday, June 8, 2020

MONDAY MAGAZINE



Hello, friends!  It looks as if Snoopy got up on the wrong side of the bed ... er.... nest.  Or maybe he's just hiding from Charlie Brown.  In any case, I hope you are having a good Monday.

I went to church for the second time yesterday.  We met outside again.  I really like it, but most people don't.  I don't get outside nearly enough, and being able to sit in God's nature and worship Him brings me so much closer than sitting in a building.  But in a couple of weeks we will be moving back inside.  I took a photo of some of the people there to put on our facebook page.  Some people wore masks and some didn't. We actually moved the chairs into the shade under a tree because it was so hot in the sun.




I finished the magazine I am going to tell you  about six weeks ago and never got a chance to write a post about it, so I thought today would be a good time to do it.  This is an "allrecipes" from February/March 2018.  It is another magazine I will keep because of the good recipes in it.

"

They had a "Hall of Fame" from their first 20 years of publication.  This recipe was for the "Best Steak Marinade in Existence".  It sounds wonderful and the next time I get a steak I am going to try it.  It has olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, basil, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes and butter.


I also want to try this recipe for "Easy French Toast Casserole".  It looks so good.


And this "Buttery Cinnamon Cake" looks wonderful!  I am definitely trying this one.


Even though it says this is a winter salad, the "Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing" sounds like something I would eat all year round.  It has romaine lettuce, apples, pears, cashews and cranberries.  Yum!

Joe loves Wendy's Chili.  Here's a recipe for a copycat version.

Another recipe in the copycat section was for Starbucks' Lemon Bread.  Oh does this sound good!

There are tons more good recipes in this magazine so you can understand why I am keeping it!

I have gained so much weight in the past two months.  I really have to go back on my good eating plan.  More of the salad and less of the cakes, I think.  Last night we had poached salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus.  It was good!  I don't know what I will have tonight, but it will be quick and easy.  It is so hot here that I don't feel like cooking much.  When I go food shopping tomorrow, I think I will get the items to make that apple and pear salad.

And now I will get on with my day.  I am trying to clean out my house and clean up my yard.  It is a lot of work that is going to take many weeks.  Once finished, I hope I can maintain it.  It's so hard to clean up but so easy to mess up.  Ha, ha!  So I will talk to you all later.  Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. That salad does sound good. I know I must have put on a few pounds. Being home,even though I walk the dogs,I'm not nearly as active as when I volunteer at the animal shelter. I wouldn't have minded being outside if it wasn't for the heat/humidity. Love my a/c!! Stay cool & safe,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the outside church! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to go to church again and hoping things will get back to normal soon. All those recipes look so good it would be hard to choose what to fix first! Hope you have a good Monday and week ahead. Dont work outside too much in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stay-at-home order added pounds to a lot of us. I saw my doctor on Friday and he's referring me to a weight loss clinic, something I am very excited about. Though, I'm on a bit of a diet right now. I have a toothache and don't see the dentist until tomorrow. Sure makes eating unappealing! Thanks for sharing the magazine and that "winter" salad does sound yummy. Might have to try that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I've gained weight, too. It happens when one can't get out and about. Sigh.

    Glad that your fellowship is meeting again. So many in my corner are afraid and are talking about not meeting through the summer. They might as well sell their churches and forget about it. 😞 Hope that they grow a spine.

    I'm going to try and take a closer look at the Wendy's chili. It's my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy - Happy Monday to you! I am always up for a good recipe, so thanks for sharing these. I am going to try some - especially the Wendy's Chili! Good luck with your cleaning projects. I have some spaces of my home that I need to go through as well - like the basement storage room. So good you could go back to church. We are still having church at home. Have a good weekend. Stay safe and well. P.S. Yesterday, I was looking for something good and uplifting to listen to, and I found a sermon from Joe you posted on youtube back in 2017. It was about parables. I listened and learned a lot and enjoyed it. Joe is a good preacher. Thanks for sharing it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a great idea to meet for church outside while it is so nice. I hope I can get back to getting more stuff in my house to donate. It's a lot of work to keep up with a house and yard! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's great to have the church services outside too. The fresh air just seems to add something special to it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those recipes do look good. I use Pinterest a lot for recipes but I had gotten that magazine a few years ago. I liked it!
    I usually have a salad for lunch each day. Right now I'm out of salad greens....not good! And it's too hot to go for a walk today. Also not good.
    Take care, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.