Friday, May 24, 2019

A FRIDAY VIEW


Hello, friends.  What a busy day I have had.  It was a beautiful warm day and I finally got around to cutting the grass.  Well, what calls itself grass in our yard.  More like lots of weeds.  But it keeps the ground from eroding.  I also got out the pruning shears and began the big job of cleaning up the overgrown bushes and weeds.  I have an entire trash can full and have made just the tiniest dent in the yard.  But it's a start.  My knees are very bad today so I just can't do a lot at a time.

Joe had an Elder's Meeting this morning at church.  When I picked him up we went and got his uniforms from the dry cleaners.  He needs them for the Memorial Day parade.  Then we went to Shoprite to get some things we needed.  We ate lunch there too.  My knees were hurting so bad that Joe had me sit in the food court while he did the shopping.

I got ground beef so I am going to make hamburgers for dinner.  I've been wanting a burger for a few days.  I have lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, etc. already in the house so that's no problem.

Tonight after dinner I am making 3 pounds of potato salad to take to my sister's house tomorrow for her cookout.   I always look forward to going there on Memorial Day weekend.  And this year Carole and Walt are going with us and Carole is driving so I can just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I was looking back on my blog the other day and saw that about 4 years ago I used to do a "Friday View" post each week.  It was just a random photo to show something interesting.  I wondered why I ever stopped doing this and decided I would start it up again.  So here is this week's Friday View.


The flags are all up along the parade route.  Can't wait for the parade on Monday!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.  I'll see you soon.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Thank Joe for his service. I'm glad to hear you got some of the yard done. I know how you like to keep up with it.Hope your knees feel better soon.It's great that Carole & Walt are going so you can relax. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holiday weekend to you and Joe and thank him for his service as well. I hope that you will be able to rest so your knees will feel better. Yard work can be exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thanking Joe for his service, and I hope you folks have a wonderful time at your sister's cookout. I love seeing the flag, and I know the parade will be wonderful. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 3 lbs of potato salad! Sounds yummy. Have a great time with your sister. How nice that you don't need to drive.
    Love the picture of the flag. Thank you, Joe, for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memorial Day is always a special holiday, we remember ALL those who's lives were lost in a battle. But. I also like to thank those who served and are serving. So, Joe thank you and I can't wait to see you in uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful weekend! Are you making your potato salad with red potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect photo for this weekend. Enjoy your parade and your picnic too! We have a parade in our little town and I'm sure we'll be there to enjoy it. I don't think I'll make the trek to the cemetery for that ceremony but I just hope no rain to spoil the day. Nothing else really planned...have a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.