Thursday, March 14, 2019

PI DAY


Hello, friends!  Today is Pi (𝞹) Day.  What is Pi?  22/7 or 3.14159265359....  And today is March 14 or 3/14.  What fun!  How did I celebrate?  Why I ate pie of course.  My choice was apple.


Yesterday Joe and I finally got our car fixed.  It had been recalled and for at least three weeks I had been going to take it in.  It took a lot shorter amount of time than we had anticipated.

On the way home we decided to stop at Shoprite and see the new sushi bar they had put in at the food court.  It was their opening day.  In fact, they were still cooking the food when we showed up.  So we went and did a little bit of food shopping and then went back.  They were just putting out the food and we decided to wait.  The Japanese people were very precise where they wanted to put everything to show it to its best advantage.

While they were doing that, we were talking to the manager for that department (who was not Japanese).  I mentioned that Joe had lived in Japan for a year.  One of the cooks came over and started talking to Joe.  Joe was stationed on Okinawa and this man was from Okinawa.  He was smiling and shaking our hands and was so happy to talk to Joe.  And it turned out that we were their very first customers!

I got a California roll with white rice.


Joe got a vegetarian California roll with brown rice.


They have daily specials throughout the week some of which we are anxious to try.  And the food was so much better than the last place they had in there.  And that was good!  This is really good!!!

Tomorrow is Crafters Day at church.  I haven't been in awhile because of my hands.  But with the warmer weather they are getting better so I am back to going.  I haven't decided whether to take my temperature blanket or my Advent scarf.  Decisions, decisions.

So I had better end for now and get some sleep.  Have a good night everyone!

Kathy





8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the food was so good. It's always great to find a delicious place to eat. I thought of you with the warmer temps & was hoping it would help. Yay! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the food was good there. I wish I liked sushi as much as you all do..lol Enjoy your Friday and upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you found some pie! Not sure that I would be brave enough to try the new-to-me food...such a lack of adventure I have. It is wonderful that Joe and one of the cooks had that connection. My dad also spent a year in Okinawa when I was about two, I think. Anyway, connections all over the place! Hope that you have a great day crafting with your friends at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a sushi fan, but you enjoy it. I'm so glad that your hands are beginning to feel better. Whether you take your scarf or your blanket, they are both beautiful. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont understand PI but I do love apple pie I had some for lunch with clotted cream yummy, have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute. I love reading about your day(s).
    What did you decide to work on, blanket or scarf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarf. It was easier to carry and I got a lot done on it.

      Delete
  7. My daughter-in-law loves sushi. Me, not so much. How nice to make a connection with the chef!
    So happy your hands are feeling better. Isn’t this warmer weather wonderful? Of course it’s changing again back to the 40’s but hopefully not for too long. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.