Monday, January 15, 2018

WEEKLY RECAP



Hello everyone!  I hope you are enjoying these beautiful winter photos I found.  Winter is so pretty -- especially if you are in a warm home looking out a window.  My home is NOT warm.  But there is a warming trend coming and I am looking forward to it.  I don't mind winter as long as it doesn't get below freezing.  I don't even mind below freezing if it is just for one day.  But this continuous below freezing temperatures is really getting to me.

Enough of that.  Let's talk of happier things.  I have been so busy and running around that I haven't blogged the way I would like to.  So I thought I would do a weekly recap to catch you all up.  How does that sound?  Here's what happened last week.

It was a doctor week for us.  On Monday I had blood work done.  On Wednesday I had an appointment with my primary doctor.  I have an upper respiratory infection but it's almost gone now.  Just a little coughing and blowing of the nose.

On Thursday I went to see my oncologist for my six month checkup.  Everything is good!  After we got out I took Joe to Eye Options for him to get his new glasses.  He should get them sometime this week.


When we were finished we went to the Country Club to have an early dinner date.  I had honey dipped fried chicken which was wonderful and Joe had spaghetti and meatballs.  Or should I say meatball since they gave him only one.  But it was huge.

Joe had to stop at the bank on the way home.  While he was doing his transaction I just had to get a shot of the sky.  It was magnificent and this picture does not do it justice.


Friday I took Joe to the VA Hospital for his doctor's appointment.  I told you it was a doctor week.  It was raining hard on the way in and there was a lot of fog.  I didn't realize how much fog was coming off of the river and so I drove on Delaware Avenue which goes right along the river bank.  Wrong move.  I could barely see the car in front of me, let alone the road.  And don't worry, I did not take these photos while I was driving.



You couldn't even see the tops of the buildings in Center City.


By the time we were going home, it was all gone except for some fog coming off of the river.  But I went another way home.

And on Saturday it was Jack's turn to go to the doctor.  I have been using the same vet for over 30 years.  We wanted him to meet Jack and give him a wellness checkup.  We thought it would be easy to get Jack in the carrier since he lets us pick him up all the time.  No way!  We both got scratched and it took both of us to get him into the carrier.  We had actually called the vet and told the receptionist that we couldn't catch him.  She told us they were open until noon and if we could get down there before 11:45 to just come in.  So we started out but ended up stopped by a very long train crossing Delaware Avenue.  It took about 15 minutes to get across and we were already late.




Jack was worn out when he got back home.


Now on to another week.  I have so many great blog post ideas.  I just hope I have the time to do them.

Have a good one and stay warm!

Kathy

Weather in Philadelphia:
High:  31*F (-1*C)
Low:  20*F  (-7*C)
Sunrise:  7:20 a.m.     Sunset:  4:59 p.m.
9 hours and 39 minutes of daylight

9 comments:

  1. Kathy, That fog was horrid. We have had crazy weather too. Up and down on the temperatures. Snow again now after it was melted off one last week. Come on Springtime, right? :):) Stay safe and warm both of you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. Goodness, you really have had a very busy week. Hope this next week is a bit less busy for you. Today I'm catching up on your posts. With the wicked cold and no heat here, I haven't been doing very much on my laptop, so I'm behind with a lot of my blog reading.

    I've driven in thick fog like the one you had, and it's not fun. So glad you made it through it okay. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I really enjoyed reading your post and the pictures. It seems really cold there. Here in Sicily it's not that cold, actually considering we're in January it's almost hot. The coldest it gets here these days is something like 13 degrees Centigrade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that was really foggy! Poor Jack,, he was probably wondering what yu were doing with him lol,,, beautiful winter photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did have 'doctor week'.....it is good to get it all done tho, and be able to stay home for a bit. Jack was probably scared; seems dogs and cats know when they are being taken to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to have those doctor weeks over and done with! Sorry Jack was so difficult to get into his carrier. Ours are a mess too. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like fog either....and you had it good there by the river!! What a full week of appointments. I find it tiring when I have half the ones you accomplished.....and I don't need to do city driving either! Glad you got good reports.
    Snow on its way again. I'll be happy to see some warmer weather again too. Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HAVE been a busy little bee! Driving in that fog looks bad. I understand about the sunset photo.What you see is much better than what the camera catches.Glad to hear all is good on the medical side of your day! I had to take Bella for her Lepto shot & she actually likes the vet. But she likes EVERYBODY! Could be the jack russell in her...A bit more snow coming...stay warm! Weekend in the fifties!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up with favorite blogs this morning, it's an ice and snow day on the mountain. Those weeks full of doctor appointment are so tiring. Jack kitty does look worn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.